Posts by cakefat

Why don't you try making buttercream out of actual butter? Have you tried that? the wilton recipe is not buttercream..it's sugar and crisco- pretty gross.  Look up an italian meringue buttercream or swiss meringue buttercream recipe on youtube or something and try that. 
 I agree with you completely- on overloading of chemicals having dire health related consequences and also bakers/bakeries not being honest/upfront about using cake mixes. Not letting their consumers be informed is just shady. Not all consumers care/understand/know (and that's their market) but a lot of people do and those people should have the right to know if they're eating added chemicals from a cake mix. If someone (at least in the US)  isn't proclaiming to be a...
 Defend your honor? What are you talking about? Nobody was questioning your 'honor' or even attacking you. I just asked a valid question as you tend to go on-and-on about the SPS. So you just like them- fair enough!  Did you use it in that twinkie cake too?
 Then please let her. 
 Do you get a commission from this company, SPS?  Are you a paid representative for them? Do you sell them? You always sound like an advert for them. It's totally okay if you are, but just be upfront about it. Jmo. 
 This what you should do if you plan on doing a car cake again. Or maybe just show any new potential car cake clients photos of the car cakes you made in the past, so there isn't any confusion. If they're happy with that, so be it.  But at least they would know what they were going to get.  Truthfully, I would be disappointed too if the car cake I had ordered ended up looking like that when I had something entirely different in mind.
I used to have a Marcato (manual w/ the crank) -great little machine- but I sold it and got the KA attachment...no comparison-so much easier with the KA. Love it!! But I also make my own pasta so I use it for that as well. 
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_level https://www.google.com.sg/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=w75VU6XdH-qQiAfI3oHICQ#q=sea+level+of+pennsylvania I think we learned this in elementary school, at least by 4th grade.
I've seen the oval ones before in a cake shop in Melbourne, Australia. If you're in the US- I have no idea but I'm sure you could order them online from a US cake supplier?
they are silver dragees in round and oval shapes, and of different sizes. It's probably stuck on w/ buttercream, royal icing- something like that. I don't know if they are technically edible or not. I used to think they were but I've heard some states in the US have banned them, so I'm not sure.   If you google 'silver dragees", you'll see lots of imagines/link that come for them.