Posts by cakefat

oh that is really shameful. I think they lied to the teachers too and said that they gave back refunds to everyone when instructor asked them about that.    They're a really scammy/shady operation. Ironic that we're all using their cake forum too. 
 Great idea!!! That's exactly what I'd do too- go to Safeway or something and get a sheet cake. Happy Birthday!! 
PS- OP- Certainly don't give up a paying client in favor of someone who doesn't value the gift you're giving them- and the guilt trick- that's pretty pathetic. I'd probably throw that one back to them.   Also- I'd give them an invoice for the cost and discount included. I'd probably not buy the supplies until they've paid up front.  I don't agree with people using other people, family or not, so you have to make some boundaries for these types of people- otherwise, they...
That's a really weird/rude thing to say/ask. Do you let people walk all over you just because you're related to them? If so, that is sad!  Just because people are related to you doesn't give them the right to take advantage or mistreat you. 
OP- this is something that I'm SURE you can figure out on your own, right?  Get yourself a pearl mold or just it be by hand, one by one- you'll get there eventually- pretty simple. 
 Good idea! When/if the book ever does arrive, I'm sure it's going to be nice to look at. They got amazing, talented cake artists to contribute without any compensation, they sold probably hundreds, if not thousands, of copies of the book (didn't even give the actual contributors to the book a free book- they still had to pay)- and then they never actually deliver a book.  It's either a total scam or they are the worst business people you could imagine. Or maybe both?...
yes all those brands are good. just get the colors that you want in whichever brand is available to you. really no need at all to get petal dusts shipped from the UK if you're in the US, unless you just want to spend $. 
I think there is just too many and too much of it happening- to not be intentional..and it's been happening for a while now.   and at the same time, numerous people are very upset about not receiving CC products that were paid for months ago (and no refunds either). coincidence?
 that is for sure! Maybe someone is upset about not getting a refund after repeated requests and no product- because this cannot be by accident. 
there's nobody working there anymore. I think that they ran off with all the money from the magazine and the book that's never going to come out..and now it's just one or maybe two mods trying to catch up on deleting the spammers (the mods who do this for free- while trying to have a real life outside of CC)....so the spammers have found the perfect playground now.