Posts by LoveonCloudCupcake

I did Google it an sadly that site is sold out. Thanks I will try the other one! I've never used it but hear great things and now I want it
Does anyone know where I can find It? Is it still even being made and why is it so hard to come across
Yay! I hope you like it! I baked at high altitude so here's to hoping you get the same result!Heavenly white cake on all recipes I think it is, is also amazing.The shortening is used in place of the butter to give it that all white wedding cake look. It does not have to be melted. It will cream perfectly into the batter!As far as I know if the shortening was being melted then you could sub veg oil but in this case it's to be used as a fat and in place of the butter
They may not have given you their actual recipe. I know if I walked into the bakery we use back home and asked for her bc recipe she wouldn't give it. I know it is a MBC though. Just not sure which one.
I'm one of those people that have tried dozens of scratch white cake recipes. I buy cookbooks, browse the web. And read many threads about white cake on Cake central. I've even tried the WASC method and was not impressed. I've tried Beyond Butterceam's, a Silver white cake, Heavenly White cake (I do love this one as well) and many more.. I try to be completely from scratch so I was elated when I found this recipe. I recently bought a 1964 Ladies Home journal dessert...
Thanks for the tip! I might have to try that. Isn't it called "blooming"?
WWhere can I find her recipe?
I either use sweetopolitas SMBC or Savory sweet life classic buttercream with 1/2 vanilla bean paste 1/2 almond extract for the ratios
Oh I must've had butter on the mind!! I'm so sorry! It's 2 sticks unsalted butter & 2-6 tbsp of milk or heavy cream!! Great catch
You're welcome!! Did you use regular butter & cocoa powder?? It's still amazing regardless!!I'm glad you loved it!