Posts by Momma_bakes

So I'm looking to buy a new oven for my home which is where I do my baking for now. I was wondering if anyone has any advice on what to look for in a new oven. I'm still a small timer with about two orders a week max. Our last oven was a basic four burner the ignition went up twice in it and the repair man said its a common problem with that model so I'm looking to up grade. Any suggestions?
Thank you!!! I even asked her was she sure she wasn't thinking about the "whipped" icing that they use and she said no they use real whipped cream icing...I knew they didn't but she insisted that they did. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some sort of trick to decorating with whipped cream that I wasn't aware of.
So I received a request for a sheet cake with whipped cream icing. She wanted Minnie Mouse on it and when I proceeded to tell her that I didn't have much experience with this kind of request on whipped cream she told me that she has gotten plenty of cakes from Sams Club in whipped cream icing with characters on it. After I kindly told her that she should probably take her request to them I started to wonder how the heck do they do this. I have done Minnie Mouse in fondant...
Ok great!!! Thank you so much...im still a newbie at some things I've only been doing this for about two years. I really appreciate your help. I will come back and post a pic of the finished product.
Oh wow ok I didn't think of that Thanks Do u think a hot glue gun would do the job?
  I just received a request for this cake and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what I should use to support the cake and act as the stem of the glass.
I made a high heel shoe today and when I made the heel I ran into a problem. I rolled the gumpaste and cut the heel and toe out. First I placed the toe part on the sole and once I put the heel on the edges started cracking when I tried to form the shape of the heel. I'm a newbie but I'm guessing that even though it took less than five minutes, I shouldn't have let the heel set out while placing the toe part. Is there any way to prevent this from happening?
Thanks so much
I have a customer who requested whipped icing on her cake. This cake will be covered in fondant but she would like the icing underneath to be like the whipped icing on cakes from super market bakeries. My question is are there any recipes out there for this icing or is there any place I can buy this already made. Thanks.
Thank you both I will come back and let you know how it turned out.