Posts by ladyhawke917

I want to know who lets breads and cakes sit around uncut for 10 days? It's all I can do to get home without tucking in!
  If you google hello kitty cakes, there are a lot of cute tiered designs. If you and your partner did a 3 tier you could do a 8/10/12 which would keep you from having to try to make the gluten free one quite so big.  You could do 2 tiers one flavor and 1 tier a different flavor, just ask the person it's for if they would rather have more regular servings or more gluten free ones.
Just a total shot in the dark, but could you build a cake around a chocolate fountain? I can't think of any way to make it completely edible. You have to have some kind of mechanical for the chocolate to flow, I would think
I was ranting about the same thing just the other day. A friend on facebook had a link to a local home bakery. Out of curiosity I clicked on it. The person had pictures of 2 cakes, one very nice fondant covered rice crispy treat "cake" and a mis-shapen, lopsided, bulging cake. That was it. 2 pictures for her whole portfolio. She had printed out a list of flavors and prices and taken a picture and posted that as well. Mostly unreadable, so I couldn't tell what her prices...
I don't know that I qualify as an expert, but I use Olivia's Awesome Chocolate cake recipe from this site. It is fabulous and very moist! I like it because it isn't fussy. There are no oddball ingredients, except buttermilk and you can always make your own for that, so you can make it with no advanced notice. I get so many compliments on that recipe.   http://www.cakecentral.com/a/olivias-awesome-chocolate-cake
What about offering her money off towards a future order? That way you would be making the bride feel like she is getting something and you would get a second chance to make her a steady customer. It could be $x off a cake, or buy a cake and get free cupcakes/ cake pops or whatever.
I use Olivia's Awesome Chocolate cake recipe from this site and it calls for oil. I just use pureed pumpkin in place, like people sometimes use applesauce to cut fat. I haven't mad it since last fall, but I seem to remember it took a little longer than usual to bake (maybe because the pumpkin makes it a little more dense) For the pumpkin buttercream I just make American Buttercream and add pumpkin instead of the cream and throw in a dash of pumpkin pie spice. I do a lot of...
Some of the best to me start simple and go from there...   Vanilla cake brushed with homemade dulce de leche and filled with dulce de leche buttercream   Chocolate cake, but sub the oil with pumpkin and fill with pumpkin buttercream   Chocolate cake with buttercream made with Creme de Menthe and mint chocolate chips   Chocolate cake with peanutbutter dream buttercream (recipe on this site)   Lemon cake with a white chocolate raspberry buttercream       Do...
Is this a gift, or is she paying for it? If it is a gift, just explain to her that you would like to gift her with a cake of your design to go with the theme. The burlap them is rustic, so show her some pictures of the rustic iced cakes. Some of those are gorgeous! If she wants to pick a specific cake outside of your current comfort zone, then she can pay for someone else to make the cake and you can get her a different gift. If she doesn't get it, show her the website...
For the chocolate, if there is no access to a microwave, I would suggest a small crockpot.