Posts by FrostedMoon

Thank you all for replying.  I guess I should have been more clear about my question.  Rather than how many servings, I really was looking for whether an 8" round would look okay on top of a 9" round that is covered in buttercream rosettes.  I've done a 6" and a 10" for her before and she's expecting and has already paid for the same amount of cake, so regardless of how many people she has at the party that is what I'm charging her for.  Reducing the total number of...
Hello,   I'm doing a 2 tiered cake to serve 30-40.  The bottom tier will be covered with ombre buttercream rosettes and the top tier will be iced smoothly with a buttercream border on top and a topper on the very top.  In the past I've done a 10inch/6 inch tiered cake for this customer.  I was following a design that she sent me a picture of, but typically I don't like that big a difference between tiers.  For this cake I mentioned to her that I might change the tier...
Yes, you have to list all of the ingredients in the cake mix you use.  Talk to the board of health inspector for your town.  Mine was very helpful in figuring out how to list everything on the labels.
...and the santa hat cupcake is from  http://thecupcakeblog.com/strawberry-santa-hat-christmas-cupcakes/     You will not get customers by posting other people's pictures and being dishonest about it.  In fact, that would pretty much make up my mind to never order from you. Give your customers some credit.  They know how to google too.
I have shipped fondant toppers with edible images without having them stick.  I use marshmallow fondant and do not add any tylose.  The edible image goes on when the fondant is still "fresh," then is allowed to dry for a few days with the edible image on.  Once dry I use a product called Press'n Seal Freezer (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_10?url=search-alias%3Dpantry&field-keywords=press%20n%20seal&sprefix=press+n+se%2Caps%2C178) to wrap them.  Basically I put...
Thanks for commenting, Leah.  I will have a smaller SPS plate & supports in the extended tier.  It's the support under the 6" on top that I am concerned about showing.  If I have it flush with the top of the cake.  Could I put the support in and buttercream around it so its sort of in the buttercream, or is that making too much of a nightmare of removing the SPS?
Hi,   I'm working on an 8" extended tier (2 8" rounds stacked on top of each other with SPS as supports & iced to look like one tier) that will have a 6" round go on top.  I will be using SPS under the 6" round also.  Both tiers are all buttercream with no border at the base.  Do I need to recess the SPS in to the buttercream top of the 8"?  I plan to pipe a small bit around the base of the 6" once in place, but I am concerned about the plastic plate of the SPS showing....
Just got off the phone with a GSA representative.  They confirmed that the Alan Tetreault color is not just repackaged Americolor and were nice enough to read off the ingredients to me.  Definitely different from Americolor.  While not the exact same as Wilton, seemed to be more similarity there than with Americolor.  Disappointing for sure.
I usually freeze my monster batches of buttercream.  I don't really re-whip, but I do stir it with a spatula to get some of the air bubbles out and make it smoother for piping.  I've never frozen cupcakes with the frosting on.  
Thank you!   When you mean settle with the supports in, about how long do you think it should sit?  I typically torte and fill, then let settle overnight with a weight on top.  Then trim and crumbcoat, which is when I would put the support in for this cake.  Do you think it will need to settle longer after that?  Makes sense that it might.