Posts by FrostedMoon

Just curious, what flavor is pink velvet cake supposed to be?
http://cakecentral.com/t/766277/looking-for-thee-hersheys-chocolate-cake-recipe
Sounds like condensation from covering a cold cake in a humid room.  I don't think that caused the cracks though.  I'm guessing it's because your board wasn't sturdy enough for the cake.  Even a little bend as you put your finger under the board to move it is enough to cause those cracks.  That's why every time you moved it more cracks occurred.  Stack a few of those boards together with glue or tape, run a ribbon around the edge and you will have less cracking.  Or just...
Bake your favorite chocolate cake and wrap it in plastic wrap while still warm.  Freeze it overnight.  You will have a very moist cake that doesn't fall apart as easily when cut.  I use a doctored cake mix recipe and have done this, but find my cake is so moist that this will make it soggy, so be careful if the cake is already very moist.
I would add cinnamon.  It enhances the flavor without tasting like a cinnamon chocolate cake.  Another option would be chili powder.  Similar to the cinnamon, as long as you don't add too much you don't taste it, but it kicks the flavor up a notch.  Not sure about how much you should use.  In the past I've just eyeballed it.
I've only just started refrigerating cakes.  I haven't had issues with colors running, but both my ABC frosting and homemade marshmallow fondant ended up with little pock marks from the condensation.  Not awful, but I noticed it and it was not there prior to coming out of the fridge and having condensation on it.  With the last fondant covered cake I was a bit panicked because I thought the fondant was starting to melt off, but it did not and there was no problem other...
I use a very small amount of americolor royal blue. Sometimes I add a touch of sky blue also, but never just sky blue as I find it has too much if a green undertone.
As a suburban mom of two who gets invited to a lot of birthday parties (two this weekend), I would say that A LOT of people plan to eat the etsy toppers they buy.  I've been to plenty of parties with toppers purchased from etsy and every single time they were eaten, or attempted to be eaten. I remember one in particular where my husband couldn't get over how hard and gross they were, but people still ate them.  This is especially true of cupcake toppers, and I've seen it...
Technically, since selling on Etsy you would most likely be selling across state borders, you may need to comply with federal guidelines for selling food.  For example, in my state you need to have a commercial kitchen to sell across state lines, but to sell within the state you can have a licensed home kitchen.  That being said, Etsy has a don't ask don't tell policy, so there are a lot of people who sell things they shouldn't.  Just know that if you get caught it is all...
Similar to the frozen buttercream transfer, you can do it with melted chocolate.  Same basic technique but you don't need to freeze it.