Posts by soods

Thank you everyone for your help.
Hi I was wondering if anyone knew how the bottom tier design was made?  Was it using a mold,  if so does anyone know where I could purchase one?    
Hi Sweet Addiction, I did exactly what Baking Irene said to do.  I used 3 - 9  by 2 inch inch cakes for the center, and for the sides I used and 8 inch and then I torted a 6 inch and glued (ganached) it to the 8 inch.  I have a pic of it in my profile.
Thanks K8, by any chance do you know what mold it is?
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me out.  I wanted to know if the gold on the cake is done by piping and then brushing it with gold.  Or is it a fondant/gumpaste mold or cutter and then pasted gold.  Thank you for your help
I wanted to thank you for the ideas, the cake came out wonderful, I will post pics soon.  Baking Irene I used your suggestion.   Take Care
Hi, I was wondering if any of you would be so kind as to help me figure out how to make a dholki cake. The girl who I am making it for wants it for 25 people.  At first I was thinking many bake some 9 x 13 sheet cakes and then carve away.  Then I thought maybe use a 6 inch and then two 9 inch and then a 6 inch again on top to get the shape.  I'm totally confused.  Below is a pic of a dholki.  Any ideas would be appreciated!