Posts by kazita

Yeah I've read on here that its best to lower oven temperature to 325 when baking a cake.
I don't know what 180c temperature is because I'm in the US and I don't know how to figure the difference out but a hour and and a half in an oven seems like a long time but it does depend on what temperature you're cooking at.
Well its now up to you you can either fill and ice these cakes or start all over again. You really need to use a separate oven thermometer to test to make sure the temperature isn't off... I've read on here that you would be surprised how many ovens are off quite a bit
Oh it looks ok in my opinion....not to bad.probably be able to fill and ice it or is it undercooked I can't really tell.
Did you use a good digital scale to weigh your ingredients out? Your cake sure looks dry on the edges and not completely cooked in the middle. You probably need to check your oven temperature .
Yeah that cake doesn't look quite right and like leah mentioned you can bake and freeze your cakes ahead of time believe it our not a frozen cake comes out very moist. Just bake your cake let cool a bit in the pan level in pan than turn out on a cakeboard same size as cake than wrap a few times in cling wrap and put in freezer. As far as this cake goes its like leah said only way to make sure its done is to torte.
There was just someone on here asking the same question last week, they were able to find an expiration date on the container somewhere and it was months away however if it were me I would be freezing it in small amounts that I could easily take out to use.
Hi there baking me crazy, i know that i mentioned before that i grew up in fontana but moved when i was 18 anyways thats beside the point of your question. I would probably charge $2.50 to $3.00 per cupcake.
cakecentral.com/t/755283/apple-tree-trunk-wedding-cake-how-do-i-make-this-cake
I've never used that kind of buttercream but if its coming up off the cake like that I'm thinking it needs to be thinned more so its easier to spread. As far as the bulging goes I'm gonna post a link on here to a thread about how to stop bulging from happening. Hopefully this helps if not let me know and ill try to help you more. cakecentral.com/t/633571/my-newest-trick