Posts by TheItalianBaker

Unfortunately the customer already picked fondand flowers so I can't change it.. I just ordered 1" tea roses and spent around $150 but at least they are ready to go! thank you everybody!
hi all! I need to order roses to cover an 8" cake, about 4" tall, like the cake in the pic. I think I can use 1" sugar roses and have 4 rows plus another on the edge, 125 roses total. These are the roses I'm gonna order http://caljavaonline.com/collections/tea-rose/products/small-tea-roses-red Do you think I should order 1.5" roses instead? any tip?  
 This happened to me the second week I officially opened my business. A person added me on fb, asked for a cake saying I made her one last year.She called, texted, emailed me several times for all the details, it was "only" $60 so I didn't ask for a deposit. She never showed up.. I called her like 10 times, no response.. then next day she wrote me on fb saying she got in a car accident!!! anyway, long story short, I found out this person was sent by my ex boss to damage...
 thank you Cat!!! I've been through 2 horrible weeks, I really hope this is going to be my start..
Hello everybody!!! Last saturday I had my first big order since I opened my home based bakery! The customer was somebody that followed me from the bakery I used to work for to my business, so that's her order!        
I'm going to leave the crumbs out fro a couple of days and then I'll see what happens! thanks!   hey K8memphis! it's going great! I'm working in another place now, only baking anyways, 4 days a week! tomorrow I gotta go to get my last paycheck at the bakery.. I bet she won't have it like always.. The business is doing ok, I got a couple of small orders from friends and today I got a BIG order for this month!!! I hope this will help me out!
Hi everybody! I'm making some cakepops but my cake is so moist they don't need any frosting. The problem is they don't have enough lemon flavor.. how can I do? I was thinking to let the crumbs dry for a couple of day, or stick the pan in the oven.. any tip?   thanks
where do you guys order your gumpaste flowers? I have this cake for Sept 20th,but the customer wants different flowers together, some roses, tulips, peonies, daisies..    Also if you have a source for those butterflies would be great.. I was thinking to make them in gumpaste and hand paint them.. any tip?  
I know but after 1 year I'm so sick and tired of these things I choose to walk away like she didn't say anything at all!I already got a big order for September from an ex customer of the bakery..Karma.. is coming back!!
Well, last 5 days! I asked her about what to say, it seems like the other pastry chef is going to make all the work. She also asked for my recipes!! Heck no!! Can you explain him how to make this cake? Nope! Can you come and make this cake next month? Are you kidding me? No! Then she said I'm not professional..