Posts by SkisandBakes

If you want citrusy try this one. http://www.wilton.com/recipe/Lemon-Lavender-Cupcakes I made them for my mom's b-day and they were awesome.
Thanks for you input @K8memphis. I was thinking that would probably be the case but didn't want to have to run the store again. They need to turn out as close to perfect as possible as they are for my MIL's b-day. I will buy a can and would love the caramel recipe. Thanks for sharing.
http://www.cakecentral.com/b/recipe/pumpkin-spice-latte-cupcakes?utm_source=CakeCentralNewsletter&utm_campaign=How+to+Make+Petit+Fours+plus+Pumpkin+Spice+Latte+Cupcakes+Recipe&utm_medium=email Here is the link for the recipe. What do those of baking science expertise think of substituting whip cream for the milk and sweetened condensed milk? Hope this helps.
Thanks for the suggestion morganchampagne.
Unfortunately, I don't have any tylose. Would corn starch work/help?
Oh how I wish I had read this before buying the new Wilton fondant. I am a hobby baker who uses fondant a couple of times a year - family b-day cakes only. I really liked the way the old Wilton fondant would harden. Will the new recipe harden in time? I plan on making accent pieces for my son's b-day cake on the Monday and want them hard by the Fri/Sat. What about thin plaques for mounting edible images on top of buttercream on cupcakes? How long would those take to dry?...
Google Thomas the Tank Engine tutorial and you should find a great tutorial for a carved Thomas cake. The instructions are really easy to follow and the look on your nephew's face will be worth it. I made this cake for my son's 3rd birthday. His response was "wow, it's a full Thomas."
I'm doing a similar concept for an oversize beer can. 4 x 4" tall 8" rounds stacked. I'm planning to use bubble tea straws to dowel each layer and will add a center wooden dowel driven all the way into the base. The cake will move no further than counter to table. I would love to hear how your project travels.
What about a brewing supply store - if you have one near you. I know my DH used rubber tubing as a siphon when making beer so it is food safe.
I have used them on buttercream with no problems. They kind of melt into the buttercream a little but still look good.