Posts by Pattycake12

I am just starting out with a home based cupcake business. I have no idea how busy I will be but have received very positive feedback about my cupcakes. I am looking for tips on how to manage orders as they come in. I am planning on making all my frostings and storing them in the freezer and using them as I need them which will be a big time saver. My cupcakes are available in dozens only. My customers get to chose 2 flavors (6 of each flavor) in the dozen. I require...
Thank you all for the wonderful ideas. I will try using a liner on the bottom of the box 1st. I have noticed that cupcake sizes vary so greatly and the quality of cupcake liners. I am using a cupcake pan that holds 3.8 oz of batter per cup. My cupcake liners are 1 1/2 x 2 " What are your cupcake sizes and what size are your liners? Someone on E-Bay was selling liners that were 2 x 1 3/4" tall saying that it was a sized used by commercial bakeries. Are there any...
I am wondering if anyone has had this problem as I am baffled on how to solve it. I am using a standard sized cupcake pan and standard sized (dozen) cake boxes with inserts. I have noticed that after putting the cupcake in the insert there is too much wiggle room. The insert seems too big for the cupcake. I am afraid my cupcake will not be safe in the delivery process. Does anyone have any suggestions or advise. Thanks