Posts by remnant3333

You are NOT hopeless!!! I really did not think your cupcakes were bad at all. They looked cute! The icing might not have been as fluffy as you wanted but I bet they tasted terrific.  Taste is what counts. Once you get the 1M or 2D tip I bet the icing will be fluffier. A bigger tip will make all the difference in the world!!  Don't be so down on yourself!!! I just now see that you asked if I use the icing for cakes and yes I do. Sorry it took so long to answer you.  I...
When I used to work years ago (retired now) we had a lady who made red velvet cakes during Christmas time. She made one layer of red, one layer of green so it would be Christmas colors. She had 4 layers like that. We all looked forwards to her cake every year!! I really loved the cream cheese icing and she also put walnut pieces into icing once she finished icing the cake.
I did one frozen butter cream transfer a long time ago. It was actually pretty easy!!! It turned out pretty good!!! Thanks for the tutorial because I will need to review before I do it again. It has been maybe a year ago that I did one.  
JGifford posted: One thing he told us was that as long as you were going to cook something, you could pick it up off the floor and not worry about it.  Really?  Gag. ____________________________________________________________   JGifford, That is unreal that an inspector would tell you that you could pick stuff off of the floor and not worry about it!!! I think I am in shock!!!  What state do you live in? That inspector ought to be fired!!! Just my opinion!!!...
This is similar to the first picture only the ruffles are going up instead of down. See video below. Second cake picture looks like buttercream but I am not sure. Someone here will know!! The experts here on this site should be able to tell you.  
Thanks Scratch, I did not know that!! Appreciate the information about videos!!!  You are wonderful!!!
This is the recipe I use below. 2/3 cup shortening(Crisco sold in bars like butter) 22 tablespoons butter 1/ 4 to 1/2 cup Liquid heavy whipping cream 2 teaspoons vanilla extract 2 pounds (4cups) 10X sugar (I use maybe 3 cups)   If you only did cupcakes you may only need half of my ingredients. I start out with 1/4 cup of whipping cream and only add more if icing is too thick. Also you can add corn syrup about 1 tablespoon to making icing have more...
You should either use 1M or 2D tip. Also your frosting might have been a little too runny and should have been thicker. What frosting recipe did you use? Here is a video showing 4 techniques to do cupcakes below. Don't give up maybe it was your icing recipe was not thick enough!!! If you are using the frosting that comes in the can like Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker then it is not thick enough for the below kind of piping. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYy2uiK6T94  
Sorry this happened to your cake. It was a very pretty cake and I know a lot of time went into making it. I know it is pretty upsetting. I agree that you should always make people sign a waiver that once you give them the cake and if something happens it is not your fault.  Looks like to me that someone either slammed on brakes, dropped it or turned a corner a little too fast. I do not think it had anything to do with your cake being unstable!!! Let us know what...
Try this below and watch each video!! She tells which decorator tip to use for each cake while showing how to hold the tip with bag to make the flowers. Good luck http://seriouscakes.com/wordpress/?page_id=16