Posts by remnant3333

Getting the frosting perfectly even is probably the hardest part for me also.  I have been doing cakes as a hobby for maybe 8 months or so. I use hot water on my icing scraper then dry it off. Scraper is now warm and I try to smooth out the icing. Normally it is not perfect when I am finished but  once my icing has crusted then I go back with a viva paper towel, (Some use wax paper or parchment paper).  I then lightly smooth it all the way around till smooth then try to...
Thank goodness that is taken care of. I am glad it was not all the people. One bad apple spoils the whole bunch!!! Have a great Christmas!!!!  
Your snowman is really cute!!! You did a great job!!!  
This would be very difficult to do for me.  I do not have the knowledge for anything like this.  I am hoping someone here will be able to help you.  I can only do cut out designs into shapes and mine are never 3D but flat. Good luck/Mary  
A lot of the people bake their cakes and once they cool they wrap them in saran wrap two times then some put them in freezer bags or aluminum foil wrapping them again. Everybody does it differently.  The cakes stay moist this way and you can pull them out of the freezer to thaw. Most torte the cakes and level them before freezing them. I am sure there are others here who will give you more information. I only do this for a hobby but some of the experts on this forum will...
vgcea, is correct in saying to buy a little bit and then you will know the exact consistency for fondant.  I have never used fondant because everyone I know does not like it.  They all want buttercream.  Maybe one day I will try it just to see how it works./Mary  
I love the ribbons on around the borders of the wedding cakes. They look very pretty!!!  
I love the Hershey's chocolate cake recipe on the back of Hershey's cocoa.  It can be made with cupcakes or cakes. I bet it is good with the mint chocolate mixed in them. I will have to try it some day but with normal butter cream icing.   I made a birthday cake from Hershey's recipe and did peanut butter- butter cream icing. Everyone loved it.  In fact, a neighbor who had told me 8 months ago that she hated chocolate cake happened to be over there when they cut the...
That reindeer one is just adorable!!! That one is my favorite!!!  
That is a pretty tall and interesting looking cake!!! I like it because it is different. I have never seen a cake like that one.  Maybe someone here will know what the other side looks like. I am curious myself!!!  Too bad we can not see the other side of it!