Posts by remnant3333

I made the flour frosting one time and I thought it was fantastic!!! It is less sweet but yet tasted excellent. It will pipe on borders but not so good at making flowers unless they are easy ones like maybe daisies. A bakery store cake such as Walmart can not hold a candle to the homemade cakes that all of you make. There is no comparison at all. You basically get what you pay for. If the customer sent you an apology she must realize how really good your cakes are. I am...
For MBalaska, recipe says 9 x 13 pan but I notice iclepickle used a round pan in her pictures. Is that a 10 inch round pan? I have never heard of sticking cake pan with cake still hot right into freezer. I am going to try this one. Sounds great. Funny, I hate bananas but love them when they are baked into bread. Have never tried them in cake yet. This recipe looks like a keeper. Thanks for posting!!!
With practice, anyone can get better and better at piping.  You can also go to you tube then type in icing flowers, icing hydrangeas, icing roses, cake decorating, barbie doll cakes, Cake Boss, Betty Crocker cake decorating, butter cream flowers, butter cream borders, etc. There is one person's name you can type in "Liz Larson" who is a cake decorator and her videos are very informative showing you how to decorate. Then you make some icing and practice yourself on wax...
WOW!!!! All of the cakes are beautiful!! Great job everyone!!!
I went to You Tube and typed in cakes, decorated cakes, icing flowers, icing roses, cake flowers, cake borders, icing borders, etc. You can watch the videos of how they hold the tips to make the flowers and see what tips they are using. Then like someone else here said you can either use wax paper or cake pans to practice on.    I am an on hands person and it is easier for me when you actually see how they hold the tips and how they move them when making borders or...
Awesome Job!! Well done
I have seen some writing with a toothpick on top of their cake iced with butter cream before it crusts over then they trace over it with butter cream using a 3 or 4 writing tip. I, personally have never tried this as I just use the tip and steady it with my other hand while writing with tip 3 or 4. Practice makes perfect. I am sure you can do it. Hang in there and keep practicing. Keep your faith!!! Maybe others here will have better suggestions!!   I have also seen in...
I love this recipe (Hershey's perfectly chocolate cake) which is on the back of Hershey's cocoa box.   I once made this cake with peanut butter icing for a neighbor. Another neighbor who came over to bring her son to the little boy's birthday who hated chocolate cake came over to me about one week later and told me that she took her son over to this neighbor.   She told them she did not like chocolate cake and to only give her a small piece. She then asked for another...
Did someone say brownies? Count me in.  I love brownies!!  Yummy!!!  Krypto, I am going to try your brownie recipe!!!
I definitely agree that the cakes with all the fondant figurines, etc take a lot more skill and it is like doing art work that takes a lot of time. Now, I see what you meant to say. I could never do all of that fancy stuff that I see in some of the videos. I only do the simple cakes. Yes, they do make it look simple but we know that it is not as easy as it looks for all that intricate sort of decorating cakes. Sorry that I misunderstood what you were saying My apologies!!!