Posts by remnant3333

Nice job, everyone!!! I always look forwards to Friday to see the cake pictures.
Everything Wilton makes is "made in China". There is no quality control in China. This does not surprise me that the fondant is no good!!! I do not use fondant but if I ever did I would find a recipe and make my own. I am sure there are fondant experts here on this site that could enlighten all of us about which fondant is the best and whether or not to make your own. I have heard that marshmallow fondant is pretty good. I am sure you could get many recipes that you could...
Jeff, about how many minutes did you cook your cake at 325 F before you checked to see if it was done? Also, what size cake pans did you use? I am going to try to cook this cake very soon. Thank you for the recipe!!! I like from scratch recipes.
A leveler would be a good idea. I have also heard of people that once they cut their cake they put two toothpicks on each layer that has been cut one toothpick right above the other toothpick. Then once they put icing or filling they sandwich back the layers so that the two toothpicks are right above each other.   They have mentioned that even when you cut a little off, if the two toothpicks are right above each other when your cut was a little uneven then the top and...
I have heard of some people who use chocolate ice cream topping which is pretty fudgy. My neighbor tells me he makes a chocolate cake and pokes holes in it and pours chocolate and caramel ice cream topping which he melts a little in microwave before putting it on middle layer then he puts a chocolate ganache over the top and sides of cakes.   The above is a quick method but if you have time you can make your own with the recipes from the sites given above. Whatever you...
I once made a tres leche cake for my neighbor. The recipe said the cake would shrink a little being that I whipped the egg whites and folded into batter. For some strange reason my cake did not shrink at all. It was big and fluffy and stayed that way.  My neighbor said it was better than the tres leche cakes that she buys from the Latin American bakeries. I have no idea as to why your cupcakes would shrink 50 percent. 50% is a whole lot of shrinkage!!!!  Here is a site...
Wow!! Those are awesome!!!
When I did the butter cream transfer, I had white icing on top of cake but my ninja turtle transfer was blue and red. Mine did not bleed at all.Once it was frozen and I put on cake I had no issues.  Maybe it depends on your icing or maybe I was just lucky. I have seen many people use transfers with no bleeding problems. Maybe their way will work better. I am not an expert so I am learning from others. Good luck and post a picture. 
You can do a butter cream transfer of a Canadian flag. Here is a link below showing how to do a transfer with butter cream. I once did one of a ninja turtle and it turned out pretty good.  This is just an easy way to do one that even a beginner can do easily. If you use buttercream, the colors should not bleed. Good luck!! I am sure there will be others here who may have better ideas than me.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyvGqGiH-Qc
I am the same way. My mind thinks too much and I get confused too. I guess that is why I only do cakes for fun. That way if I mess up, my family is more forgiving especially when it is a free cake. Everybody has had issues with cakes at one time or another but with each time we learn a little more. Hang in there because I feel you will do just fine with your cakes!!! Good luck and be sure to post your cake pictures!! I too, get ideas from others because I am not a very...