Posts by remnant3333

I do not have a 3 d elephant cake but here is a very simple one using 2 round pans below. They use coconut but you can use any kind of icing. This is just a really simple yet very cute elephant cake that any beginner can do. Not to get off the subject of elephants but If you click on the arrow below picture you will see several other cut out cakes. My other favorite one is the rectangle one where they make a butterfly of which you have to push arrow at left and go back...
Agreed!! Homemade is Better and tastier too!!
Most girls love flowers!!! You can never go wrong with beautiful flowers!!  
Here is one done in butter cream with damask. You can get smaller damask patterns to put on to cake. You can order them on line.  Now if you are great at piping then you can do your own right on top or side of the cake and would not need the pattern. I am no good at hand piping unless I use a pattern. When piping dots most go from inside then pipe around in very tight circle then release pressure then pull decorator tip away. If the dots have a point you can press it...
Yes, I too always put a heaping tablespoon of light corn syrup in my buttercream. This helps with elasticity. My buttercream is a crusting buttercream but I never have any issues with this because of the corn syrup.  
Here is a swirl rosette. She is using a smaller star tip but if you want a bigger border you can use a 1m, 2D tip or 199 tip which will make bigger swirls.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBVukX5tQ4s&playnext=1&list=PLqXB5rPUbQqdMFHGzsnnFmNVy5nbbOKc5&feature=results_video
TexasRose, I am so sorry that you had to deal with these type of people. This made my blood boil when I read how these people treated you and tried to take credit for your work. For them not to give you a ride home really made me mad. They sound like users and abusers. You have a soft heart and that is why they took advantage of you.  Your cakes are amazing!! Please don't let one bad apple spoil you from doing what you love.  Hang in there and try to not let this...
I have never had any issues using crisco in the sticks before. My icing normally turns out great using it. I have always wanted to try the high ratio shortening but I would have to order on line and between the shipping and the costs of the shortening it is way over priced for me.   Michellechellie, What do you buy at wholefoods store? Do they sell high ratio shortening? We have a whole foods store where I live but I have only been there once and that was before I...
My prayers will be with your step brother  and for the family. It is a very hard thing to go through watching a loved one having to suffer!!! I really don't have any ideas but I am sure others here will. God bless you and yours!!
Wow!! That is one huge cake!!  I have to agree with the others that if you can stack it closer to the reception the better!!!  You surely have your work cut out for you!!! Good luck and please let us know how it goes. How long do you have before you have to make it? I am sure that everything will go fine for you.  Hang in there and keep focused!!