Posts by remnant3333

I had the flu about 2 months ago!!! It was terrible because I had fever of 103.8 F. I had chills and it seemed as if my whole body was shaking even into my bones!! I know what the kids were saying when they said their bones hurt!! The worst part for me is the lingering cough which never seems to want to go away. I am just now getting over the cough which lasted almost 7 weeks.  Glad everything worked out for the people who put their cake on hold. I know they...
I will keep my fingers crossed that nothing will happen to the cake!!! I know you will be on pins and needles waiting for a phone call. Hopefully, you will only receive a phone call telling you how good the cake was!!! Holding my breath!!!!!Good luck/MARY  
Here's one that I use that I got from seriouscakes. Everyone loves the recipe that I have made this for!!! I am sure others will have some recipes also. Yellow Cake Recipe I’m a simple kind of girl, once I’ve found something I like I’ll stick with it, especially if it works well over and over again. That’s how I feel about these recipes, the only time they’ve failed is when I did something I knew I shouldn’t, or….when my oven started baking everything 100 degrees...
I will be praying for your quick recovery!! Sounds like everyone has some great ideas for the cupcakes. Glad you found a doctor that is helping you without surgery. I know you have got to be distraught with everything you have been going through but there will be light at the end of the tunnel.  Things are going to get better for you soon, just hang in there and have faith!!! Until then take care of yourself and do what this doctor says. My prayers are with you!!! /Mary  
Unlimited, To each his own!! I do not work and am retired so I have plenty of time! You can do roses your way and I will do them my way.  If I sold cakes for a living then maybe I would do the roses differently but for now I enjoy doing them on the cake.
 I have heard of some people that just bake 4 of the 9 x 13 cakes and put 2 of  them down side by side which would equal to a bigger cake.  I have never needed a cake that big since I just do it as a hobby!! Just food for thought!!  
Learn to make them right on to the cake!!! And yes, you need stiffer icing. Look at this stacking and fixing video in the second last half of video and it shows you how to make roses right on top of cake. Also if you are new check out all of her videos and you will learn so much more. Visual learning is always best for me!!! You can practice on top of cupcakes!! Just keep practicing and you will learn!!/Good luck http://seriouscakes.com/wordpress/?page_id=498
WOW!! It costs a lot for packaging!!! Sounds like it costs more for the boxes than for making the 3,000 mini cupcakes.  Hopefully, someone here can come up with a cheaper solution. Good luck/Mary  
Sounds like too much work for the money!!! Hopefully they will change their minds and want something easier to make!!!  
great advice, Jason!!!