Posts by remnant3333

I have a s/s bowl that can be used in the oven and I bought it at Walmart. It works perfectly!!! BTW, your pregnant belly cake is too cute!! You did a great job!!!
k8memphis, that is one beautiful cake!!!! You did a fantastic job!!!  
I also love that video with the 127 tip!!! I too am a visual learner and watching these videos really help!!! I watched it a while back and have it on my favorites!!! I am sure your cake will look wonderful!! Thanks to all out there who have done videos to help people like me who are visual!!!!  
I also use this recipe and it is very good.  However, I never put in all of the powdered sugar because I don't like it as sweet. Out of a two pound bag of sugar I maybe have about 1/4 of the bag or a little less that I omit from the recipe. As far as measurements, I use USA measurements. Hopefully someone here will know the answers to your questions regarding UK measurements.
Which Wilton tips have been discontinued ? Just curious which ones they have stopped making? I have bought so many that I probably have almost every one they have ever made.  I never realized that they would stop making certain tips.   Also just one note about making cakes. You can go to you tube and type in anything and everything to do with cakes, cake decorating, icing flowers and you can watch many videos about how to make butter cream flowers. I am a visual...
For the first one you ever did I think you did a great job!!! The more you practice the easier it will get for you!!! I am glad the bride loved it.  For 120 dollars she got the better end of the deal!!! The flower was very pretty!!! Your next cake will improve with experience but remember you can always hide a lot with icing flowers or borders.  Hang in there and keep the faith!!!!   I did my first three tier cake free for a little girl's birthday down the street and...
Don't know if that is fondant or butter cream but here is one where flowers are piped right on to the cake. You can do this with any kind of design whether it be curly que circles or flowers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0MZRzhEKzY&feature=channel&list=UL  
You did an awesome job!!! WOW!!!! It looks great!!!  
Yes, I have baked many a neighbor's kids birthday cakes for their birthdays.I do not charge anyone but I just do it as a hobby and only do it for the neighbor's and family  that I am close to. The kids are thankful for their cakes and they look forwards to it each year. They come around and remind me of their birthdays and what flavors they prefer.   I enjoy doing it for the kids but at times I have neighbor's that I don't even know asking if I will make their aunts,...
Here is a discussion about strawberry filling on cc below. http://cakecentral.com/t/737533/strawberry-filling-using-frozen-strawberries