Posts by remnant3333

Those cakes are really beautiful!!! I love the simplicity and elegant look to these cakes!!!!
I would never think that either!!! I like the idea of the 16 in numbers on the cake!!! Great idea!!! Sounds like you have everything under control!!! I am sure they will love the cake!!! If you don't think you have enough cake you can always cook some extra cupcakes to go along with it. You will figure it out!!! Hope your nephew has a great birthday!!!  
Good advice given by Spooky!!! When I got married 40 years ago, I had an all butter cream cake. I am so glad they did not do fondant or else I would have been very upset and it would have ruined my wedding. At that time I knew nothing of fondant or what it was. Most people who have no knowledge of fondant would be expecting buttercream cakes not fondant. People in business should always explain to their customers how sweet fondant is and what it is because the majority...
Awesome job well done!!!!  
If she does not like sweet then she will hate fondant which is full of sugar. I am not a fan of fondant but there are others who love it.  At least she told you thanks. Hope she will be satisfied with the fondant. 
You just make her favorite cake. Then you take ice cream (her favorite) and let it soften enough to spread in between cake layers. I would put back in freezer to harden up the ice cream again. Then I would take out and frost once ice cream hardens up. Then keep in freezer again    I have never made an ice cream cake before and I am just guessing at how I would do it. Hopefully, someone else will either confirm what I think or tell you a better way to do it. Good...
I am so sorry that you are having issues with your cake. What size of pan did you use? What temperature did you cook on and for how long? I am sure others will ask also about what recipe you used.  I only have experience with the Hershey's perfectly chocolate cake recipe and it comes out perfectly every time. I have baked it in a round cake pan and also a 9 x 13 pan before with no problems. I am hoping someone here who is more experienced will be able to tell you what is...
I think you did a great job!! I can not tell that the cake is uneven by the picture!!  
As with anything keep practicing and it will get a lot easier for you. I only make butter cream cakes so I don't know anything about tappits. When I first started, I used to lightly imprint with a toothpick then I would pipe over the writing but I am sure it is different using fondant.   There are plenty of experts here who will be able to help you. Hang in there. I am sure you will get better and better and pretty soon you will be writing like an expert on your...
I made raspberry filling one time with chocolate cake and it was very good. I guess everyone has different tastes. My very favorite is peanut butter buttercream icing with chocolate cake. I make kids cakes and they always request the Hershey's chocolate cake with my peanut butter frosting. I even had a woman who hated chocolate cake who happened to be at a person's house when they cut the cake I made.She made a trip over to my house to tell me that she did not think she...