Posts by remnant3333

WOW!! Everyone did a great job!! You people rock!!!
I know someone who owned a lawn business and they went door to door and handed out business cards especially in the rich neighborhoods one day. They went on a weekend when people were home. They got so much business that they could hardly handle it all just by scouring through the neighborhoods handing out their cards.   Many people buy cakes for their kids anyway so if they have your number at their fingertips they would probably call you and try you out. If this worked...
I am so glad that everyone I make cakes for in my family hate fondant!! I have heard some horror stories about getting fondant just right.  I have never tried to cover a cake in fondant but I am sure if you keep trying you will get it right.  Hope you figure out how to fix it. Good luck!! The fondant, if done correctly is beautiful.   Don't give up just keep trying!! 
Very nicely done!!! Congratulations on a job well done!!!
CBM, I imagine everybody and their family would try to get free samples who were not even interested in buying anything . I guess it worked out to your advantage not to do samples!! Sounds like great advice to others who are doing bridal expos. Good luck with your business. I am sure you will do fine!!
I have never seen a recipe that uses 12 eggs with only 1 1/2 cup of flour. That is a lot of eggs but then maybe others have seen recipes before similar. My pound cake does not use that many eggs. I remember reading in Cake boss book that if you ever make a chiffon cake to not use a teflon coated pan or else the cake will sink.  I am not sure if the cake you are making is chiffon or not. Just thought I would mention that just in case it is chiffon.   Hopefully, others...
I like the name you picked!! Very cute!!!
I am not a fan of fondant either and everyone in my family or that I know can not stand it either. I prefer buttercream or stabilized whip cream frosting. I have tried the flour frosting which is pretty good for borders and maybe swirl roses but not so much for delicate buttercream flowers. I guess everyone has different tastes but I would never want a cake covered with fondant. This is just my preference.  As for Walmart cakes, forget it!!!!   Oh, and that dog cake is...
The rose cake is beautiful!!! Looks like you have what it takes to decorate. Like others said work on your speed at home. I am sure you will get faster and faster. You can always go to youtube and type in anything and everything to do with cake decorating, cake piping, fondant, buttercream icing, 3D cakes, cutout cakes, butterfly cakes, buttercream borders, buttercream ruffles, cupcake decorations,buttercream flowers, etc. These tutorials helped me immensely but practicing...
I do it the same as didavista.