Posts by remnant3333

My husband was not invited to his daughter's wedding (about 12 years ago) because his ex wife, her mother and grandmother did not like my now husband (I have been married now for about 15 years). Her mother has been married three times since she divorced my now husband.    We were asked to pay for the wedding reception and my husband's daughter's wedding dress of which we did pay for both but were told "you can not come nor or you invited due to her mother and mother's...
Looks great. I will have to try this one for the kids one day!! Thanks for the recipe!!!
If you do his cake, please keep us updated as to whether or not you and your brother have reconciled. I hate to see any family split apart. Good luck!! Just do what is in your heart. 
Okay, you said you pipe with the flour frosting, right? Will it pipe borders? A long time ago, I tried the flour frosting and loved it but that was before I started decorating cakes so I did not try borders with it.  Can you pipe any kind of flowers with it and if so, what kind? Thanks for posting this thread because I have been thinking about making the flour frosting again.  it is not overly sweet and reminds me of fluffy whip cream stabilized frosting.      I will be...
I love the lego cake. The little boy next door is a lego nut!! All of the cakes look fantastic!!! Thanks for posting!!
I think your cake represents exactly what she wanted. Though the flowers were a little big, she bought the flowers for it and your cake looked almost identical to the picture she sent you. I see nothing wrong with the cake you gave to her.   I don't think she deserved a 50 percent discount.   Did she eat the cake? Did she complain about the taste of the cake? Did she bring back part of cake to you? If the cake tasted good then you fulfilled your obligation to this...
 Don't beat yourself up too bad. Everybody makes mistakes sometimes. The cake itself was very nice!! You did a great job other than the spelling part.  
I look at cakes all the time to get ideas. As someone stated, your cake will probably look a little different but close to what you were looking at. Good luck and post pictures of your cake!! I am sure it will look great!!!   I am not too creative on my own so I am thankful for being able to look at pictures of everyone's cakes. You see some really beautiful cakes here!!! Many people here are very artistic with their cakes and I for one appreciate being able to look at...
Lynsval, thanks for the tip. I have never had to make super big cakes but it is nice to know if I should ever have to. How tall do you make them ? It is hard to judge by the picture. 
Wow, you did an awesome job!!  Cake looks fantastic!!