Posts by remnant3333

Thanks DeniseNH for the flour tip!!! I will try this. Does this flour affect piping flowers in any way?   I live in North Charleston, S.C. So, I understand how bad the heat is here!!! It gets pretty hot here especially with the humidity factor which makes it feel hotter than the actual temperature.   If anyone else tries the flour please let us know what you think of it with piping.   Delicious Desserts, If you don't mind me asking, who are the suppliers for high ratio...
If you have a coupler you can use that to make the bigger round circles.Just don't put a piping tip on it. They are round.   Also, if you know how to make the parchment paper cones, you could just cut the size that you need. That could also work for a throw away piping bag without a coupler or piping tip. Just cut with scissors and pipe on wax paper till you get the size of round ball that you need. Good luck and let us know how it comes out.  This is just my idea of...
Hang in there and keep the faith!!! Hope you got the a/c fixed. I don't think I could stand it here in the South without my air conditioning. For every mistake you make you are also gaining knowledge so never give up.  Things will get easier the more you practice!!!
Nice job on the cake!!!
So glad it worked out!!! That is the type of customer that everyone loves to have!!!
 I live 2 hours away from Myrtle Beach. It gets pretty hot in September. I hope your daughter decides to have an indoor reception. It is a lot better not having to worry about the butter cream  melting. It sounds like there are a few cakes with butter cream that will work with high heat but I would still worry about it melting.  I remember seeing a video of a woman who put a butter cream cake outside in 90+ degree weather and it melted.   Congratulations on your daughter...
Looks like cake was dropped. Not your fault at all!!!  So, is the customer asking for money back?
That Mexican cornbread casserole sounds good to me. I am writing down recipe to try this out. Thanks for the link!!
Take a box of Jiffy cornbread mix with what the box says to add. Then take the cake box and add those ingredients called for on cake box. Put all together in bowl and  bake in 9 x 13 pan at 350 degrees. I normally bake according to what the cake box says how long to cook in 9 x 13 pan. May have to cook a few minutes longer since you are adding them together.  I have done this several times and everyone loves this type of cornbread, cake mix mixed together.   I have not...
I love whipped cream frosting but agree that it should be refrigerated.