Posts by CakeChik

Debbie, You. Are. AWESOME!!! thank you so much! Can't wait to try it! :D
I am not at the point yet Debbie, though I plan to be! I don't get that many orders for the edible images yet - I have had maybe 3 or 4 in the past YEAR. It's definitely in the back of my mind though! I was looking at the DECOgel earlier and yes... I WANT SOME!  I plan on getting some soon!
Great tip there LoriMC!
Oh Debbie! A Silhouette and an edible printer have been on my wish list for a while, LOL! That's really a great idea, thank you so much for your input! :D   Diana
That's what I figured, and I know about those licenses!  I just happened to see a bunch popping up with many different cakes and I was curious. It looks so pretty! Very clean. Thank you!
I have seen several cakes that have images of characters (particularly Elsa on "Frozen" cakes) That look like they have a thick cut-out gum paste background with a "painted on" character, but it looks too perfect, like it may be an edible image. Is there a product out there pre-sold in this fashion, or is this the work of the baker? I appreciate any input, I just noticed it on more and more cakes and I am intrigued! TIA!    Diana @ Baking Up Yum
I figured black might have a role in this, I never thought about royal blue! thank you very much for your help!
Hi all, I will be making an ombre hearts cake this weekend and the colors will be white hearts blending into cranberry hearts. I could not find a cranberry paste anywhere, and I was wondering if anyone has tried making this color before (I am sure someone has!) - and if so, what worked? I have Americolor super red, electric pink, burgundy, soft pink, and several others... I guess I can play around with them, but I don't have much fondant to mess around with. Any help would...