Posts by dganna

I will try that, too. SugarVeil and other similar products seem a little daunting for my skill set at this time, haha. I might do better with the tablecloth-embossing approach. Thanks, vldutoit!
Thanks, Jeff! I'm doing research on those products you mentioned right now. I appreciate the help! 
Thank you, Kakeladi and Evoir!   I think I will experiment with that idea, thanks, Kakeladi.   And, yes, I thought about contacting them, too, Evoir... then I got cold feet. Worst thing that can happen is they'll say, "no." But you are right-- doesn't hurt to ask. Thanks!
  Hello, everyone! I have searched for the tools used in this cake and came up empty handed.   I traced the cake back to CitySweets in NY City, and it is described on their website as an "embossed cake." Does anyone know of an embosser or cutter in this pattern?   Thank you all for your help!
You're welcome. :)
Oh, hey... I found the exact item!    https://www.etsy.com/listing/176949363/palm-leaves-art-deco-decorative-stencil?ref=shop_home_active_8
Hi, there... these aren't exact matches, but maybe you could check them out and see if they might...
Wow! That really covers everything I needed to know, Yortma. I'm a little embarrassed for not having searched it myself first before posting my question, but thank you so much. That was a great dissertation!!    Thanks, too, for the input, Stitches.
Massa Grischuna Neutral versus Carma Massa Ticino -- Has anyone out there tried both? How do they compare?   Thanks for your feedback in advance! 
Encountered the same problem until I realized I forgot one important step that some of the tutorials showed-- tape a clean sheet of wax paper to that second board. When you are ready to lift that board, first untape (is that a real word? haha...) the wax paper from the board. Take the board off the cake. Then now, carefully peel the wax paper from the surface of the cake. Makes for a lot smoother surface. Hope it helps!