Posts by forjenns

I am just starting the process. I don't think I M going to submit SMBC this first go round. I'm a little nervous over the whole thing!
Thank you
I found this because I am interested as to why you would want to cover a cake in RI. I get that it's all there was at some point in history. Do you have to cover the cake in Marzipan first? Can you cover any cake in RI? What about using Corn (Karo) syrup in the RI to keep it from getting so hard. I'm curious and would like to try it. It is too late to make a fruit cake for this year as it needs a month or more to settle. Could. I make the fruit cake cover in...
I do this all the time - I often will make a big batch of Antonia74's RI and freeze in 1C measurements then pull out what I want the night before. WhenI do this I cut the water just a bit.  It is also fine on the counter for a couple days.
I haven't done a chocolate transfer but I had the same issue with my fondant figures.   I realized that the issue was air flow on both sides of the image.  I started using a foam mat (purchased from the fabric store) and parchment paper (it has better airflow then wax paper) has stopped the curling.   I'm not sure if this helps for this scenario but maybe next time?   Goodluck!
Thank you
Did anyone save the pumpkin cupcake recipe that was featured on the homepage last week? I can't seem to find it. TIA
I think it needs the buttercream to stick to - I am not sure how you would get the fondant to stick to the styrofoam.
I did a beach themed cake a couple years ago with the ombre dot technique but instead of using a round tip I used the #32 Wilton star tip - it gave it a shell look on the side of the cake - it was pretty cool
I didn't think lemon curd required refrigeration, the eggs are cooked. Not that I haven't refrigerated I am now curious.