Posts by hbquikcomjamesl

I have the good fortune to have cholesterol levels that are both rather on the low side, and strongly balanced in my favor. I'm convinced that the fact that Cheerios are my favorite cereal, and that my usual breakfast when traveling is oatmeal, has something to do with it.   And quite right, our bodies typically manufacture more cholesterol  than they absorb from food.
Actually, palm oil, being a plant product, contains no cholesterol, since cholesterol only occurs naturally in animals.   The strangest thing I see, with regard to fats, is that decades ago, coconut grease (I refuse to call a solid fat an "oil") was considered one of the worst substances you could ingest that wasn't overtly toxic; now, I see it touted as a health food.   At any rate, it is also my understanding that there are a number of naturally occurring trans fats...
Let's not bring up disco dust again!
Thankfully, I'd just established a decent enough working relationship with ABC Cake and supply in Orange. I was a bit worried when I found that their edible printing media seemed a bit tougher than the DecoPac stuff Orange Novelty used, and actually peeled easier if it wasn't chilled, but it seemed to fuse to the frosting just fine, and soften up in the process: as with the previous Leland Award cake, I made sure I got a piece that included edible printing (call me...
Hmm. 2006. A couple years before my time on FPN. And one of the thread's participants died a few weeks ago.But that's hardly a long thread. At FPN the long threads are like "Spur of the moment: What'cha list'nin' to?" in the members-only "Chatter" section (3,983 replies).And "MimiFix," let's try not to mention "train wreck" and "Amtrak" in the same post."Shasha2727," I'm definitely with you on sharing recipes, so long as they're mine to share. But your comment about being...
 And that would be a shame, given that we've kept this thread up longer than most of the threads on Fountain Pen Network's boards.
 Amtrak would not "squash" railroad-owned passenger trains. The realities of running passenger service, especially in an era of subsidized highway and air transportation, would do that, all by itself, and the railroads know it. Amtrak exists because the majority of the railroads were at or near bankruptcy from unfunded federal mandates to maintain passenger service at a time when gasoline was pennies a gallon, and America's ill-advised love affair with the automobile was...
Interesting concept. If you go with it, I'd love to see how it turns out.
Why is it that my offhand reference to booking my own Amtrak (and if you think the playing field they compete on is even remotely level, you haven't been paying attention to what they're up against, or from whom), in the description of my relationship with my (now retired) travel agent, somehow morphed into a comparison of cakes to rail fares?
I'm assuming we're talking Mario as in the Nintendo character. (Disclaimer: other than the original Donkey Kong arcade game, I've never actually played anything in the Mario franchise.) You might want to include Mario's girlfriend, "Princess Peach," who generally dresses in pink and white.