Posts by hbquikcomjamesl

The problem is that they might be unwilling to print it without clearance from Patron, for fear of an infringement suit.
Not to mention that (as I said) a recipe that works perfectly in 2" high layers might be a disaster in 4" high layers.
Why are you asking us? We can't read the bride's mind any more than you can. (Why isn't there a "shrug" emoticon on this board?) When I have a question about the specs of a program I'm writing at work, or about the specs of some type I'm setting or some exhibit I'm building at the Printing Museum, I ask the person who gave me the specs. The logical person to ask for clarification when there's a question about a cake's specs would be the customer, in this case, the...
So if you were transporting around a hundred pre-cut pieces of cake with an extremely sticky frosting (since these pieces of gingerbread have more-or-less the same physical properties), what would you use?
That's just it: it's not cookies; it's gingerbread. As in baked in a cake pan, with a cake-like texture. And the natural top crust (and I use the term "crust" loosely) is as soft and sticky as the softest, stickiest of frostings.
Hmm. I tried parchment paper for separators on the test batch, and it stuck to that.
As usual, the online reference was inaccurate: it wasn't the Vegeton Uprising; it was the Sagittarius Rebellion, and he was captured by the Solanites. Right here on YouTube.   I'm not entirely sure what Vegetons eat. But I know that Vegetons do not kiss; they pollinate. Which involves lying flat, with arms and legs sticking straight up, chanting "BEE BEE BEE BEE BEE BEE . . . ," and waiting for the bee.
When I wrote that line reminding everybody that potatoes were, the last time I checked, vegetables, I was planning to break out my entire-series DVD of Quark last night. There was a reference in the pilot to Commander Quark having been captured in the "Vegeton Uprising" -- the Vegetons are a vegetable civilization, specifically tubers. So Quark had been captured by a band of dissident potatoes. (And we wonder why he ended up captain of a spacegoing garbage scow?)
Saturday, as an experiment to determine whether it would be feasible to make gingerbread (in addition to 2 double batches of shortbreads) for my mother's memorial service next month, I baked a batch of it (1969 Betty Crocker Cookbook, page 180), using a 9x13 pan instead of the 9x9 pan specified, to see what would happen. 1. The cooking time was 10 minutes shorter: the toothpick came out clean at 40 minutes instead of 50+; I pulled it at 42 minutes. 2. The top crust seemed...
A couple blocks of dry ice in the bottom of the cooler, along with bags of water ice? At any rate, I'd use an aggressively-crusting BC. And absolutely nothing that spoils readily.