Posts by JanDunlevy

Is confectioner's glaze edible? I know this is a little off from the original question but I have a bottle and have been afraid to use it because it has such a strong chemical odor. It says food grade and I know that doesn't always mean edible!
I ALWAYS use Bakery Craft and absolutely love it.
Tried to upload a picture and couldn't . Using my Ipad and CC isn't too user friendly with that. I will try the lollipop sticks for sure! Thanks to all responders. Usually use RKT with fondant covering but was so taken with the workability of the modeling chocolate I decided to make him all chocolate. I'll know better next time! Hopefully will have a completed project to post on Sunday. The Lion is the Old Dominion University mascot that is the statue in the quad at the...
This is my first time sculpting a figure with modeling chocolate. I am putting a standing lion on a 6" cake board as a topper. I am struggling with the weight of the figure collapsing the legs! Will it ever get hard enough to support itself? I have it in the refrigerator now trying to harden it to give it another try at standing. Any suggestions, tips or hints would be greatly appreciated! I am using Fondarific sculpting chocolate and it says it is for sculpting.
I use all buttercream on my cakes and fondant decorations. My buttercream is a crusting recipe and I have no problem with melting issues. Sometimes I let my fondant crust before attaching decorations and sometimes not. If it has crusted I will use a little piping gel to attach and if its not a heavy piece just a little sugar glue or even a dab of my buttercream on it will make it stick just fine.
Just saw it in the newsletter and thought "what an awesome cake!" . Congrats and well deserved!
Hmmmm, I'm thinking a cutter with several components to it possibly? Boy I sure would like to find one of those!
Never bought a bad one. All have been very informational as I am a newbie to decorating. Jessica Harris's has to be the tops though for priceless! 
I saw this done at the ICES convention in Reno last year and it was awesome. You use piping gel and dump your luster dust right into it and pipe. She used brush embroidery and piped scrolls that looked just like a wedding gown. She piped in gold, she piped in super pearl, she used some sparkles, etc.   Going to try and post the pic I took of the sample she did. One thing she did say was to use piping gel without agar. I never found that!  I bought a tub from Chef Rubber...
Some web site sells the impression mats with all the designers logos on them. I knew I should have book marked it because my failing mind can't find them now! I have spent the last hour looking. Sorry! They were awesome. They had Coach, Gucci, Vitton, and Yves St. Laurent.