Posts by JanDunlevy

Thank you so much!
I have just made my first carrot cake and went with a recipe that called for DH Spice Cake mix and then added carrots, pineapple, and nuts. Does this cake need refrigeration? I will be using a crusting cream cheese that can be left out for a few days. Cake will be delivered tomorrow.
When my candy melts get old they just will not get to a consistency that I can add the corn syrup. I do not know about adding shortening. Try it before you throw them out. I have begrudgingly thrown out many bags due to age.
Also, the circles in your pic are much smaller than the ones I used.
It's made up. Cut a circle that will serve as the base the size you want the flower to be. Then use a small circle cutter to make the petals. Beginning on the outside edge place your circles around, overlapping a little as petals would. Work your way inward staggering the petals. Hope this makes sense. I am going to attempt,to post a pic of a cake using this technique. Mine were done making them much more "cutsie" and less real looking but it is the same technique. When I...
I have seen several threads about trends, that we as cake decorators, would love to see end. I am just curious what you, as a decorator, would love to see be a new trend, or perhaps an old trend revived. Go............
I can't see them either.
Using edible images printed is not going to give you silver. I use all buttercream all the time and the only way I know you can achieve this it hour piping it would be to find cutters with different font styles , cut them out and luster dust them with silver.
The ONLY chocolate cake recipe I use is right here on this site. Type in Amazing Chocolate WASC cake into the search box. Rave reviews from all my customers.
I use nothing but a crusting buttercream icing and attach fondant and or fondant/gumpaste decorations all the time. They are done almost always 12-24 hours in advance of delivery. Never had any problems.