Posts by JanDunlevy

Thank you so much K8memphis. I am not sure about the liquid. It could be possible that the butter I use could have changed its contents. I just know I haven't changed anything that I am doing! Very frustrating!
It is a WASC cake but that is the cake I always use!
Could someone please tell me what is happening to my crusting buttercream? This has just started happening with my last couple of cakes. I have not changed anything. My perfectly smooth buttercream wrinkles all by itself! It happens over night after the cake has set in a cool room for 8-10 hours. The first time it happened it was in the fridge which I almost never do. Thought that had caused it so I went back to room temp. Recipe is 1 stick butter, 1 1/4 cup sweetex, 2 1/4...
I watched every YouTube and read every post I could read! I have only been doing this for about 21/2 years. A huge help was joining mycakeschool.com. Best $30 I ever spent. Good recipes and basic knowledge. I am a visual learner and have purchased tons of the Craftsy classes as well. They are awesome.
Thank you so much!
I have just made my first carrot cake and went with a recipe that called for DH Spice Cake mix and then added carrots, pineapple, and nuts. Does this cake need refrigeration? I will be using a crusting cream cheese that can be left out for a few days. Cake will be delivered tomorrow.
When my candy melts get old they just will not get to a consistency that I can add the corn syrup. I do not know about adding shortening. Try it before you throw them out. I have begrudgingly thrown out many bags due to age.
Also, the circles in your pic are much smaller than the ones I used.
It's made up. Cut a circle that will serve as the base the size you want the flower to be. Then use a small circle cutter to make the petals. Beginning on the outside edge place your circles around, overlapping a little as petals would. Work your way inward staggering the petals. Hope this makes sense. I am going to attempt,to post a pic of a cake using this technique. Mine were done making them much more "cutsie" and less real looking but it is the same technique. When I...
I have seen several threads about trends, that we as cake decorators, would love to see end. I am just curious what you, as a decorator, would love to see be a new trend, or perhaps an old trend revived. Go............