Posts by pieceofcake561

My base price would be $508.50 ($2.75*150 + $4*24) and then go up based on decorations and details requested. There would also be a rental fee & deposit for the tower.
My website was just completed this week it was done by www.gddesignstudio.com an they were great through the process. My website is www.MyCakeBakery.com if you want to see their work.
I've used a laminated picture before with no issues. I laminated the photo and then trimmed the lamination and photo down. I was afraid the buttercream would seep between the lamination and distort the photo at the time. However, it turned out fine. I even hollowed out the cake, placed a mini baking tin inside & threw in some LEDs so the photo glowed. Everyone loved it and there were no issues. Hope that helps
It always makes me uncomfortable to deal w family and friends. They ask to place an order but then expect you to do it for practically nothing. I want to bake for family & friends because they're my biggest fans but at the end of the day it's a business and it's not gonna stay open by giving out free "orders"
It always makes me uncomfortable to deal w family and friends. They ask to place an order but then expect you to do it for practically nothing. I want to bake for family & friends because they're my biggest fans but at the end of the day it's a business and it's not gonna stay open by giving out free "orders"
Maybe you could reevaluate your business plan to see where your money is going. This way you can focus your attention and efforts in more profitable areas and save enough to hire someone
It sounds like you will be focusing on cookies. You logo should represent this for customers to quickly grasp your concept. Maybe change the picture from a cupcake to a cookie. I like the first logo best though because its more fun.
What if you just buy red, yellow & blue sugar paper? You can cut the flames using the sheets and wrap them around the cake. You could also shine LED lights through the paper if you wanted to get extra creative with it hope that helps!
I find that the brand of confectioners sugar makes a huge difference when making MMF. twice I have attempted store brand confectioners sugar and both times I was forced to throw the fondant in trash because it was too dry and crumbly. Make sure you use the good stuff!
I like crafty's idea. What if you just make a dummy cake period. Then do some kitchen cakes to feed the guests. This will at least alleviate some issues you may have otherwise encountered. You can also do the dummy earlier to give you more time to work on the cake before the wedding. That way it will be perfect for the big day