Posts by Nedd

Thank you Carol-Ann, that's exactly what I ended up using.  Worked perfectly! 
Thanks so much for the helpful instruction, CindiM, I'll definitely try it way.  And I'm convinced using Royal icing is the best for this cake design.  Thanks again, I greatly appreciate the advice.
 yes, my anxiety about this sure does show .. lol!  But I'm also am very excited, I've been wanting to try my hand at making this cake for a while now.  Life is more interesting when we challenge ourselves.. I really can't thank you enough for being so helpful. 
Thanks for posting the link, JWinslow.  That's a beautiful cake.  I've done so much research on these lovely feather cakes and have read people using various different adhesives to glue down the wafer "feather" strips.  It can all be a bit confusing. I wonder which of all these types of adhesives is the best solution.   I guess my biggest fear is the wafer paper weakening and melting away ruining the striking effect it supposed to have.   Thank you again for all your help,...
Thank you both so very much, I greatly appreciate all your helpful advice!
Considering how delicate the wafer paper seems, I was wondering if there is anything I should be aware of to avoid any potential disasters before I attempt this cake tomorrow?  Any advice is helpful, as I have never worked with this material before.  Thank you again, and wishing you all a very HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Thank you, Chelles.  Would I need to make the royal icing a very thin consistency? 
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/40/6e/8b/406e8bd3667c78cf6879e06a720e3c02.jpg   ..Like in this pic, what type of "glue" would best adhere the wafer/rice paper "feather" strips to fondant on a cake?  I'm afraid if I use the wrong adhesive it may melt the wafer/rice paper  .. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
Hi Everyone,  can anyone tell me what to use to attach the wafer paper "feathers" to a fondant cover 3 tier cake?  Thank you all in advance.
Yes, I agree as well.  Thank you Dynee.