Posts by stephyyz

I recently was looking to purchase a cupcake stand for a wedding I was doing. I saw a thread on here ( which I can't find now) where someone had recommended the clear stand from Efavourmart.com. Well, today I used it and it is AWFUL. It was so tippy and the parts don't really fit together well... I decided to reinforce it, However an hour after I left the venue it came crashing down. The bottom joint gave out and it fell over. This is the biggest waste of money. A piece of...
Who did this new site for you? It is horriffic.  Clearly not anyone who uses it or knows what or how we use it.    I cant search for recipies based on popularity?? I have to go thru each one individually?... and the ingredients just run on in blurred sentence form instead of a bullet format??????? how do you follow it?  Gosh, as someone else said " I hate it".    I agree that it needed some upgrading in areas, but I think you downgraded.  Fire your programmer/...
Although this post is older, I just wanted to note that Petra's also carries Satin Ice and their prices are great. I buy the largest (10Kg I believe) and it is less than $60.00. It is about 1 block away from the McCalls wholesale store in Mississauga. I also buy my gumpaste their for a better price.
I am wanting to make a double barrel cake, with 2 additional tiers. I have an inspiration photo that has 1 inch styrofoam (covered in ribbon) inbetween each layer. I have several questions I'm hoping you can help with:1- How do you transfer fondant on to the tall cake?.. it will need to be about 25 inches wide!.. and how do you smooth that out? 2- do dowels go through styrofoam? Do I need a centre dowel through the whole thing?.. Not sure how the whole styrofoam works!...