Posts by debidehm

Does anyone know where I can get an edible images for these?
It looks like it may have been dropped. Was the customer shown how to carry the cake? More times than not they just want to grab the base (of the cake board) by the sides and not with one hand under the cake base. It really wouldn't matter how you carry the cake if it the base is strong (made of wood etc), but if just cardboard it could have buckled. Also that would explain some of the damage (if it was dropped). The 6 facing the wrong way really isn't a mystery if if just...
Just finished a friends cake for her daughter (who is turning 1). I really had fun making it, and made characters (polar bear and penguins) like I had on a couple other cakes.

How about a cake that looks like a Victrola?
I wonder if putting in the fridge affected it somehow. I have never put my mmf in the fridge and not really sure why you would. I just wrap it really well and leave at room temp. :)
Yes. Just put a little bit of yellow in the impression where the yellow goes, press down to you make sure you have enough to cover it, then put the pink over the whole thing.
Try cleaning it off with some vodka.
I should have mentioned that this is the only time I dam also.
If I am crumb coating in buttercream, I use a buttercream dam. If I'm doing ganache, I use a ganache dam.