Posts by DeliciousDesserts

This was not a good cake. I'm sure that's not what you want to hear. Instead of being topsy turvy, it looks like an amature tried a regular stacked cake. That doesn't give anyone license to berate you on a public forum. It doesn't make it ok for her and her friends to bash you. That's mean. Your "client" was well within her rights to decline acceptance. The cake was not what she expected. There are plenty of people who would have taken it because they had no other...
  My cakes are typically HEAVY.  Seriously, they are very heavy.  3 tiers or less, I stack and put on that front seat space.  It's sturdy & wonderful.  Some 4 tiers I can put in the front.   Anything over 4 tiers or really heavy, I assemble on site.  In that case, the bottom tier is stacked on the stand and placed in the back alongside the other boxed tiers.  The top tier or anything that makes me particularly nervous rides up front next to me.
 But he didn't.  We asked for the things we thought would be beneficial.  NOTHING changed. I tried that.  Didn't go well.
Been there, Done that.  How quickly it was forgotten.   Here is (IMO) some VERY useful information.  I took the time to right out what I thought was most important:  http://cakecentral.com/t/764674/a-serious-rational-discussion-about-pricing
My personal favorite for your guest count is a 6" & 9".
Be honest with the bakers. Let them know you are looking for down thing within this budget. Absolutely! I offer a 2 tier that serves 45 and would be perfect. Remember square cakes serve more people. Also, some bakeries may charge extra for square. At my bakery, the small 2 tier would cost $358.02- $412.77. My starting cost is $4.50 per serving. I would suggest looking for someone in the $4-5 starting price range if possible. Congratulations!
Did that work?  Did you understand what I was trying to explain?
Please remember that different fondants will require different amounts.  Be sure to consult a chart for the fondant you will be using.
Why you do what you do and why you love it
ellavan BEST advice ever!! It's difficult to suggest a marketing strategy without knowing who you target client is. Who is your dream client? This is someone who not only wants your cookies but is also willing to pay your price for your cookies. Once you know this, it will be easier to brainstorm idea of reaching them. Tip: your target client is not "anyone that likes cookies." As a matter of fact, it should NOT begin with "Anyone who." For example, my perfect...