Posts by DeliciousDesserts

At first glance, that's very reasonable. Prices vary by geographical location & skill level, but sounds on track.
In that case, I don't know how you could have made $80-90 profit. Crystal banding is expensive. Did you add cost of structure support, buttercream, frosting, fondant, pearls, cake boards, cake drums? If you are legal, did you add the yearly expenditures of license & insurance? Don't mean to be kicking sand, but that's a high cake to liking ratio. I'm assuming you mean 3" cake, filling, & 3" cake. In my opinion, way to much cake & not enough filling.
http://www.cooksdream.com/
The ultimate baker dot com
When you say 6", do you mean that each tier had 6 layers? Did she provide the banding? For me, that cake is 194 servings x $4.50 = $873. That's before charging for pin tucking, tax, or delivery.
It's a code. They post it on the site "ship20"
No to both. The blade that comes with the machine will not work, but you don't have to use the one from Desert Designs. Use the craft blade sold in most craft stores.
Welcome Peekaboocupcake!       Quote:   Those are the problem.  It really is important to use the heating core.  It helps even baking.
Love Dallas Foam. Shipping can be expensive especially for the large sizes because on the box. I paid about $150 for set of round & a set of square 6, 8, 10, 12, & 14. I chafe base price of $4.50 per serving. I charge $4 for dummies.