Posts by DeliciousDesserts

I really was not meaning to rub it in. I posted what I did on the blog so others wouldn't fall prey to the same expierience.That is exactly my point!! Hundreds of people think we are price gouging and that cake should be inexpensive. The only reference most have is the grocery store. They then come along on a wedding site and have it Confirmed!!! Now all the brides who saw it think they too can have that huge, gorgeous cake for $340.
Oh she wrote me again..... Turns out she was very disappointed in the cake after all. That makes me sad. Went on to call me rude & say all vendors just want to take people's money. Le Sigh Moving on and back to work.
I purchase the premium sheets from Icing Images
  It's been a very long time since I posted this on the WeddingbyColor.com blog.  TODAY, I received an email from the bride:  I feel much less sympathetic to her.  I am truly glad to see that she felt the cake was worth every penny.  Of course, I have responded in a professional manner: I'm not entirely certain if I should be relieved that she was happy with her cake or horrified.  I guess I will just have to remember that it takes all kinds, with varying tastes, to make...
That's the one! "Confectionary Arts International Lacquer Spray"
I use a spray I purchased from Global Sugar Art. It's a bit expensive, but it's perfect
How sad. I would think they would encourage the publicity and traffic to the website. I guess I can see them wanting to only promote it as the bakeries work keeping the wizard behind the curtain.
I personally order from Icing Images. I purchase the gold label inks and never have a problem with fading red or black. I say that because it could be the quality of the ink. I would contact your ink provider and ask for assistance.
Sunkissed,   Welcome to CC.  I went to your profile to get an idea of your skill level but didn't see any posted cakes.   Without knowing your skill level, it's hard for me to say if you are priced accordingly.   I CAN tell you that I personally wouldn't tackle a life size guitar replica for less than $700.   As an experienced business owner, I am often met with clients who are uneducated as to how much custom cakes really cost.  Just recently, a bride contacted me...
This really reminds me of the Seersucker cake I made:   http://www.verydeliciousdesserts.com/#!Seersucker/zoom/c1w0q/image1zae   http://www.verydeliciousdesserts.com/#!Seersucker/zoom/c1w0q/imagezz5   Of course, I smoshed the lines a bit when I embossed them with the seersucker material.  The lines looked just like that cake before I embossed them.   My method was exactly as @AZCouture mentioned.  I used an extruder.  Be prepared this takes much longer than it seems.