Posts by TheSweetTreat

Thank you, Mparisien, for your helpful comment.  I will look at the beans more closely and decide what to do.  
You really should relax, Bluehue.  First, 'gullible' visitor?  You're not familiar with me to know where I go frequently or infrequently or even my nationality or ethnicity.  What kind of origin are your beans from?  You've met the farmer?  Do your beans say Madagascar or some other country?  You really want to imply that you know the exact origin of your beans?  If so, do tell us all where you're getting them from and the exact address of the farm and their growing...
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this question.   I recently went overseas to Indonesian and bought some vanilla beans.  The problem is they smell like tobacco, like the tobacco leaf.  Indonesian has a lot of tobacco fields.  These beans came from a local bakery there and were just kept in a tall glass jar with a lid that just sat on top.  The beans themselves were in a clear plastic bag that was somewhat heat sealed.  They were not vacuum...
Chocolate writers? I've never heard of these. I have to look them up.
Thank you for the replies! The bride is actually going to put the cookies in CD sleeves. I'm not sure if she's printing information on the sleeves or not. But I will take you all's advice and decorate them as is. Thanks again!
Here is the cookie that my friend has asked me to make for her wedding favors. http://www.dorkly.com/picture/17241/d20-cookiesThey're a geeky cookie and I'm going to use red fondant as the base. I'm just worried that they'll look very dull and matte-like. This is a wedding after all and I'm wondering if there's a way I can spruce these cookies up. The cookie is supposed to be a 20-sided die from Dungeons and Dragons so I don't know if placing pearls around the cookie...
Just wanted to re-ask this question. Does anyone know of a WHITE foodmarker out there?
Well I do not own my own cake business, but I will quickly discourage you from running any sort of Groupon type deal. Talk about not making any money....that's the way to really lose money. Avoid it.It sounds to me like you're possibly in the wrong part of town? You say your rent is cheap...is the area a well off area or just average? I can't imagine it's well off if the rent is cheap. You are looking for a client that wants high quality, from-scratch products and...
I recommend making Fluffy American Buttercream. To me it tastes just like Swiss Meringue Buttercream, but I'd be interested in hearing your results with it compared to all the others. This is a recipe here on CakeCentral.
I second Fluffy American Buttercream. It's so easy to make and a little sweeter than regular american BC.