Posts by TheSweetTreat

I am also looking for another Red Velvet recipe to try from scratch. The one I've used 3 times now seems so finicky. Maybe Red Velvet is finicky in general, but I seem to keep having problems. The tops get this white splotchy look about them even though I beat the heck out of the sugar and butter. (I read that white splotches is the sugar not being incorporated enough?) Then it's like baking peanut butter cookies where if you want a chewy cookie you have to pull them...
Update from me: The SMBC turned out beautifully....until I added some meltd bittersweet chocolate. I'm certain I added the proper amount, however the whole thing just deflated. I've put it into the fridge until I'm ready to use it and I'll rewhip it and see what happens, but I have a feeling my chocolate was too warm and it melted the butter. Can this be saved?
I certainly do wish you luck!! I'll be making SMBC again tonight so wish me some luck as well. I go into it never knowing how it's going to end.
It seems to me that the most popular way is to use a small clear treat bag and use a ribbon to tie it off just as the previous poster said. However, I did see an image the other day that I loved of cake pops with colored foil sheets wrapped around them or a frosted looking paper wrapped around them. Of course you can't see the cake pop that way, but I love the idea anyway.
Thanks so much you guys I'm feeling better already.
hmmmm, what aboutFresh. Gourmet. For all.ORFresh, Gourmet, For AllOR Fresh and Gourmet for All!I'll keep thinking
I agree with the LLC recommendation. It's much easier come tax season to be a sole proprietor, however you risk your personal assets being taken if you were to get sued. With an LLC you are creating a separate entity for which has nothing to do with your personal assets, therefore they cannot be touched. When you become an LLC, in regards to tax season, you just have to fill out a schedule K-1 and file it with your personal taxes. If your business makes a profit then...
Thanks for the response! Anyone else?I did go ahead and make from scratch chocolate cake batter this afternoon and put it straight to the freezer. Tomorrow I will pull out enough to bake a test cupcake and we shall see. I've frozen vanilla batter and when I baked test cupcakes from them they seemed to have extra high domes. A little too high to do a nice swirl I thought. We'll see how the chocolate ones turn out.
Hello all! So I've done a search for all 'freeze cake batter' threads and none that I find address what cake flavors are being frozen. Most make mention of a basic vanilla. I want to freeze chocolate, maybe champagne, etc. I wanted to know if others out there are freezing EVERY flavor they make or just a basic vanilla. If you're freezing other flavors too are the results just as successful as frozen vanilla batter?Thanks in advance everyone!-Emily
Bridgette! I would LOVE that! Thank you