Posts by beccabod

Thanks for the replies.   Yes I am trying to hide the drums, I have used drums instead of boards to give extra height to the tiers. Have been working the cake today and it seems to be coming together OK after adding extra marzipan, but what puzzles me is......   regardless of whether it is a drum or a cardboard base - if the tin is 6 inch and the board is 6 inch but when the cake comes out of the tin it shrinks a little bit, how do you make up the difference between...
Hi   I'm not too good at explaining this but here goes.............   I am making a tiered cake and would like to use cake drums the same size as the cakes themselves. In the past, when I cook the cakes they shrink back a little and end up slightly smaller than the drums.   For example, if a bake a cake in a 6 inch tin, the cake actually comes out just under 6 inches, yet the board is 6 inches.   This makes covering the cake and drum tricky because they a slightly...
hi, I've been asked to make a tiered wedding cake with fresh roses in between the tiersI know I have to use polystyrene dummies/formers but can anyone tell me how long will the roses stay fresh for after I have wired them into the polystyrene? Appreciate any help.
HiI am making 3 Call Lillies and want to know the best way to do the stems, I would like a thick stem as opposed to the thin wire - lillies will be on top of the cake, the stems tied with a ribbon. I have followed tutorials and I am fairly happy with the flowers I make, but...................I'm having numerous problems, Base of lily keeps crumbling.How do you get a neat looking base of flower, where flower joins stemHow do i get thick stems - tried kitchen towel around...