Posts by fcakes

Cover a cake board with plastic wrap, fill a piping bag with icing and a writing tip (#2 or 3) and practice, practice, practice!Keep wiping the board, keep writing on it and practice!
I made purple buttercream and added Wilton violet to the white frosting in good amount, not realizing it would change the taste. Delivered the cupcakes to the customer this morning and she was super happy looking at the decoration/flowers.I tried a vanilla cupcake with the purple frosting just now and to my dismay, the frosting left a bad taste in my mouth I had 6 cupcakes with purple frosting that I gave the customer.I was thinking, should I make another batch of 6...
I think followup emails can possibly be done by me.... can anyone please share what they write as a followup, apart from thanks?
then what do you suggest? I invest 50% plus bring my skills too?
I had started doing thank you/feedback emails but then decided it wasn't worth it... if my customers like my treats, they usually write back gushing about how good everything was.... Is it worth doing the cards/emails?
Thanks so much for the input! I think him providing all the investment and taking 50% of the profit sounds good to me but how do I put it across to him?Yes, I will be doing all the baking/decorating/managing the kitchen/inventory etc. He will be there day to day, supervising staff and handling the cash register/customers.
Great! Thanks for the input! This is what I was looking for because I wasn't able to figure out if 50/50 was a good idea If he becomes an investor, I would ask him to invest 20%, 30% or 50% and share profit/loss accordingly right?
Angie's Cookies? Oahu Cookies? The Oahu Cookie Place?
Thank you RVCupcake. Yes, I am going to contact a lawyer but I also wanted to get the input of those in this industry who have been through such a situation before... Anyone?
Hi!I have been approached by a family friend who wants to invest in my business to set up a retail store.He wants me to invest 50%, he will invest 50% and we will share whatever profit/loss the business brings equally. However, I am also bringing my expertise & know-how to the business.I want him to invest financially in the business, I will bring my knowledge and skills and we can share the profits 50-50. How do I word such an agreement? Is it even possible?Another option...