Posts by candyladies

it is just cake and buttercream. I would do them Friday for Sunday. If buttercream has milk/cream in recipe, I would put in box in fridge. You don't want frosting too hard because they need to push up the push pop.
thanks for trying to describe it Jan. I was always curious and might give it a try.
I have never had it...can you tell me if it is on the tart side or super sweet? Always looking for something new. thanks much. Pat
I know you don't want pudding but this is good. Are you familiar with Rich's Bettercream? You can buy it at GFS store. They use it at most grocery store bakeries. First you beat up a large softened cream cheese and had a cup of milk and small box of pistachio instant pudding and set aside - it will be thick...then in a large bowl whip 2 cups of cold Rich's until thick and fold in your pudding cream cheese mixture...be sure not to overbeat the Rich's...if it gets to...
great idea freezing cheese cake. I would think the brownie layer would be a bit dry so maybe a chocolate would be a better choice for cake due to the fact it is heavier than a white. Thanks for the tips.
Does anyone have a great layered cake with cheesecake layer in between recipe? I would like to do one for an anniversary gift. thanks for any ideas. Pat
I did a wedding using cheecake and actually frosted them in buttercream. Fabulous!
I like Merkens...you have to make them close to when you will be serving them. If you refrigerate overnight they will start to sweat once you take them out of fridge. The juices in the strawberry...
you have to position the bismark tip in say three different places and squeeze filling until ou can see it come to the top. Push tip almost to bottom when starting out.
I did a cheesecake wedding and used the satellite stands that were gorgeous...I filled with mini lights and ivy.  I frosted my cheesecakes with buttercream so I could decorate and they were tremendous.  Had a hard time with the hall staff insisting they chill them right after pics were taken at beginning of dinner because they would have tasted much better but they were still great...rasberry swirl and chocolate swirl per request.