Posts by Bomatebaker

Wow! Thanks a million heartsnsync!! This will help a great deal.   I didn't want to spend extra on those taller boxes.
I'd definitely like to start perfecting my Roses and Lilies.   Being in the UK I'll have to pay for international delivery, so I would like to order a couple of DVDs at a time. There are so many to choose from.
Thanks for your responses. I’ve been torn between the Designmeacake DVDs and the SugaredProductions DVDs. I believe there is a special offer on the SurgaredProductions DVDs at the moment. I’ll have to check out Sugardelights.com, ,Craftsy.com and CakesbyDesign.com as well.
Hello Folks, I'm trying to improve on my sugar flower skills and have decided to buy a DVD to help me with that.   I have come across a couple of DVD's online but I cannot decide on which one to order. I would like one I can learn a lot from.   Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I think it's a great idea...
I got a dent right across the top of my 7" cake a couple of weeks ago when I used the Mat to roll out Fondant. There was nothing wrong with the Fondant. It turned out to be some long dent on the Mat. I tried rolling over the dent on the Mat to smoothen it out, but that didn't change anything. Instead once I removed the top half of the Mat, I had to roll over the Fondant to get rid of the dent, right before I spread it over the cake. That worked great and I got no dent at...
Thanks for your replies. Much appreciated...   I'll check out all the sites mentioned. I have a 2-tier cake due in 2 weeks and I have to sort out the box ahead of time.
What temperature is your oven when you first put the batter in? For a flat cake the temperature for warming the oven should not be that much higher than the temperature you plan to bake the cake at.   I don’t follow any strict baking times/guidelines. I bake at a lower temperature for longer until I get the sweet scent of a baked cake. Then I start checking to make sure it is done but not overcooked. 
That was one of the things I was doing without realising that I was actually doing a good thing.   The first time I decided to mix my BC and use it straight away without refrigerating and also leaving the Fondant covered cake out in room temperature, things did not go so well . I got more air bubbles than I’ve EVER had before. I had to take off the Fondant and start again 2 times. I learnt my lesson the hard way.
Hi ladies, could anyone please tell me where I can get Cake boxes that are well priced? Boxes for single layer cakes at Hobbycraft are quite expensive, plus they don't do boxes for 2-tier cakes. How do you guys transport your 2 or 3-tier cakes? Thanks...