Posts by Sassyzan

That's what I was going to suggest. I did the same thing for a Zumba ribbon for a cupcake stand.
Ok I know you already did the cake but I have an idea. What if you did this sort of like a chocolate collar, but using a non-crusting icing? Assuming you can freeze bettercreme (which I am pretty sure you can), what if you made a long strip of freezer paper or waxed paper. Pipe the design on the paper, then wrap it around a crumb-coated cake. Freeze the whole thing, then peel off the paper. Crazy? Brilliant? Not worth the effort? I have no idea. I have never used...
Wilton sells cake sparkles in silver as well as silver stars edible glitter.
Wilton color mists or make your own by mixing gel coloring with vodka and spraying it on. Or for a slightly different take, you could smooth different fondant colors together and roll them out at once. Paint on the black spots over last, whether you spray or not.
I believe that is Royal icing stenciled over fondant. You use a medium-thick consistency RI and spread it over the stencil with a spatula.
Yay! That's such a fun course, isn't it? Beautiful job. One tip I have is for when you're using cutters. If you can get those jagged edges off your fondant, your flowers will look much more polished. One way to get them clean is to try to get the gum paste to stick in the cutter, flip it over, and run your finger around the edges of the cutter. This helps rub those jagged edges off. I think the wilton cutter set for this course is kind of notorious for not cutting clean...
Shredded wheat? I don't know how you'd color it. Airbrush, I guess.
You can make it now. It lasts for months. Lifhtly rub with shortening, wrap in two layers of plastic wrap, then plop in a zipper bag.
These other comments are about royal icing, rolled buttercream, and glacé rather than fondant icing. I stand by my original advice. Your cookies will be good for 3-5 days. Edible for much longer,but not as yummy.
Yes, silicone works for candy melts. You can gently pull the silicone away from the candy to release it rather than whacking it on the counter like a regular clear plastic candy mold.