Posts by Corinne77

Thanks - I agree! Watched a quick tutorial and it looks so simple. Going with the fondant.   Thanks for the responses!
I'm doing a safari cake this weekend and want the bottom tier to have a zebra print. What would be easier? Using fondant to make the zebra stripes or using a stencil and airbrushing?? If I do use fondant, does anyone have any tips or tricks?   Thanks in advance!!
Thanks everyone! I read some of the other threads and they were really helpful. Ellavanilla - it seems like it does take some time to get set up, but according to many posts, it's really worth it. Plus, I think there is a 10% discount from Cake Central. I hope you got to use it.   Jason - I'm pretty good with Excel. Not sure I'll use Turbo Tax for my taxes though, so that is something I'll need to consider with the Quickbooks recommendation.  Thanks!!   Thanks...
I was wondering if anyone out there has a home based business in VA? Did you set up an LLC or something similar? How about getting a tax ID #? I'm going through the process of getting a Home Occupancy permit and license. Even though I don't need to get inspected, I'll be doing it anyway. Just wanted some advice on setting up an LLC and getting a tax ID #.   Thanks!
I have heard $500 per year is a pretty good average for liability insurance. It's worth it just for the peace of mind. I'll be getting it once I'm up and running!!
Pros? Cons? What do you think about it? Is there any other software out there that you use to track spending, expenses, profits? How about with help on pricing?   Thanks in advance!
Thanks! The Tylose seemed to work pretty well. This isn't too bad for my first try...except that I didn't have any of my gel colors to make him the proper colors.  
I'm trying my hand at some fondant animal figures. My first attempt is a giraffe. It's not too tough, but I can't seem to get the neck to stay up and long. The weight of the fondant is too much (and the neck is not that high). Is this because I am only using fondant? Do I need to add tylose powder so that it dries quicker?   Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!
Can anyone give some pointers on how to make this? I have a friend who would like this for her husband's 40th and I've never done anything like it. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. I'm new to cake decorating but seem to be able to turn out pretty decent cakes, so I'm willing to try this. TIA!!
Looks great! Thanks!!!