Posts by Johnica10

I also can not see wasting money on fancy boxes for delivery.... My husband customized a large 10 gallon rubbermaid container (the blue bins) with shelves inside them! I frost decorate etc before I go to the venue, each container holds about 100.  I also use the under the bed storage ones.  We used both methods for a food show, I had 800 cupcakes and we transported them in this matter and all went well.
Awesome Cake! Looks great!
I use an ice cream scoop....works everytime
I use vodka
LeeBD is right! I love to do it that way. Gives me more control over the color effects, more realistic looking.
Good Morning,This is my go to recipe for Ganache:9 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, finely chopped1 1/2 cups heavy creamPlace chocolate in a medium bowl. Heat cream in a small saucepan until bubbles begin to appear around edges (scalding); pour over chocolate. Let stand 5 minutes, then stir until smooth. Set aside at room temperature until cool but pourable, stirring occasionally.Hope this helps!Johnica
This is what I made for the person. Cupcake tear away cake with round cake on top and wawa wuzby made out of chocolate...... not my best work, but she loved it!
How about a sombrero, an adobe house, bright colored flowers
Lol - that happened to me a few times! Today I was mixing cookie dough and kept getting interrupted, the phone would ring, then my parents passed by, well I am mixing the dough and am getting pissed off because it isn't sticking together, it was like bread crumbs! I just couldn't understand what was happening, so I kept adding shortening and some butter, it started to stick a little, I figured, OK, let us put it aside for a little. So i went upstairs to get dressed, as I...
deinesoar Thanks for your prompt response.I came up with a few ideas that i presented to her as options, the one she chose was a cupcake tear away cake with the frosting that looks like grass, on top of that a ball shaped cake and a little WaWa thing on top made out of chocolate. I am thinking of putting columns a little bit above the cupcakes with a cakeboard to hold the ball shaped cake. What do you think?Oh and once again I think I under charged, but since it is the...