Posts by stephdover4

I have seen lots of stunning cakes on here with photos that are to dark, cake to far away, or the picture isn't sharp enough to see the details of the cake. I have been using Photoscape for several years now and its FREE on download.com from cnet.   http://download.cnet.com/PhotoScape/3000-2192_4-10703122.html?tag=mncol;1   You can also find it by going to: download.com and search for Photoscape.   You can do all kinds of things with color, brightness,...
I'm sorry that you feel like you need to refund at all; you don't. I agree with mskerrih. I would make the decision that you did what you were asked to do, AFTER the deadline, and go in there with that attitude. Take the flyer, the ruler and ask what the problem REALLY  is and see what happens. At least then she will have to come up with a valid reason for sending them back. ANYWHERE you go and ask for your money back you have to have a reason.  It doesn't have to get...
**** Wilton Ultimate Cake Decorating Kit, it has a great selection of starter tools (you can use the 40 or 50% off coupon) Exacto knife Cake mat - You can get these at Michaels or any craft store, Walmart even has them. (they have guides for marking cakes) Excellent!! Fondant tool kit any cookie cutters (for cookies and fondant cutting)     If you buy the kit you will save lots of money over buying things individually and it has a great selection of tools...
I don't send pictures, (certainly not for shame of my work) simply because often times the picture doesn't do my work justice and I LOVE seeing their faces when they see the cake for the first time. It makes all of my hard work worth it!!  
I already made a batch of butter-cream from this bag of powdered sugar so I felt confident that wasn't the problem. I was able to save this batch by heating some of it up to the point of bubbling then I poured it into my mixer, turned it on and walked away...lol! When I came back it was as smooth as silk!!   Thanks for your reply!
My icing is gritty. I know that its not the powdered sugar. Its a peanut butter icing. Any idea what can I do to fix it?   Frosting 1 1/2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature 2 cups powdered sugar, divided 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 3/4 cup chilled heavy whipping cream  
Yeah...i agree with Doritta. Wilton rose cutter and dry on extra large flower cup or shape aluminum foil to fit your size needs.  
Just bought a silhouette cameo...whoot!! Anyone have tips or tricks that you wouldn't mind sharing? It should be here in a few days I'm so excited!! When I have some tips or tricks I will share them here. Thanks!! Stephanie
humidity was the problem for me this week!! every cake gave me a fit!!!
My problem is I am making candy "jewels" for the cake I have made several batches and they look great when I first pop them out of the molds. However, after several hours they begin to get sticky. It is a little humid here what can I do? ingredients:2 cups granulated sugar2/3 cup light corn syrup¾ cup water I heated it to 300 as recipe stated but each batch has done the same thing earliest ones are loosing their shape now. Anyone had this trouble? what did you do to...