Posts by stephdover4

I have been asked to do a gender reveal cake for my very best friends daughter. I did the engagement cake, wedding cake and now the shower cake. So, I want to go over their expectations. But, I don't know how to get this distressed look. Anyone ever done it? Thank you for any help!
Is there not a way to favorite tutorials on here anymore???
A lady called and told me she has a Kopykake 1000 for sale. I have seen that many people use this for cookies, but I don't do cookies. Will I get any use out of it for caking? I do a lot of fondant work, but I just don't know if Its a tool that I need.
Tthanks! I never thought of a spray. I will try mixing them first and see what happens...thanks again!
Does anyone know where I can find black dust with a shine to it like the Wilton Pearl dusts? All I have been able to find is matte finish or disco dust, (which I am not interested in).   Thanks in advance!!   Steph
Can I add more sugar to  this recipe?   Chocolate Cake   1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, softened 6 oz unsweetened baking chocolate, coarsely chopped 1 1/2 cups sugar 2 tsp baking powder 2 tsp vanilla extract 4 large eggs 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour 1 cup milk   Most cake recipes have almost as much sugar as flour, only 1/4 a cup difference or so.. I LOVE the amount of chocolate in this recipe but I would like it a little...
I can't speak to how to avoid it but can you use a straight pin to pop the air bubbles?  
I have this and I LOVE it. It's so easy.
post a picture so we can see what exactly you mean.
I think you did a great job. SO many little details to tend to!! I'm proud that you stuck with getting it done especially with an itty-bitty in the house. Congrats on the cake and the baby!!