Posts by chaka1

I know this is old but I love how this looks. I'm just wondering how do you eat them? Do you need a spoon or do you peel away the cup like you would a cupcake liner? Thanks.
Wilton has a good chart for figuring out how much you will need. I think the last column on right shows how much you need for various size pans.   www.wilton.com/cakes/making-cakes/baking-party-cake-2-inch-pans.cfm   Now the problem is figuring out how much frosting a recipe makes. I agree with others here to make more than needed. I freeze any leftovers and use for decorations, etc.
At first I was using the 2-piece wood idea and that worked ok, but the wood would shift on me and it got annoying. I make a lot of cookies so I bought the Joseph Joseph Adjustable Rolling Pin Plus that has the removeable pins on the sides and I love it. They sell it on Amazon, but I had a $10 off coupon at SurLaTable so I got it there. If you are thinking about this rolling pin, just be sure to read the feedback on Amazon. It says the pin is 16.5 inches but the actual pin...
I would leave it alone. I agree with the statement someone made that the kid will probably get tired of doing it. I personally don't like buying from lemonade stands either. I'd rather just give them some money and not take the lemonade. I don't know how much the kids make by the time they buy the cups and lemonade mix. I know it's fun for them though. A kid in my neighborhood had a great idea, they sold cold cans of soda for $1.00 a can from a cooler. They had signs that...
I've replaced all my pans with 2"  Magic Line brand pans. It's the only brand I'll buy now. The sides are super straight, which is good so you get nice even sides, but bad because they don't stack inside one another and they take up more room when storing. I got mine online at Country Kitchen SweetArt. They are located in Indiana. The pans are a great price there, but you do have to pay for shipping. Around the holidays, which is coming up, many places offer free...
I know this is a very old post, but does someone here know if you put buttercream underneath the poured icing/fondant? Thanks so much. These cupcakes are lovely.
Yeah!!!!!! Glad it worked out
Just found this youtube video where they show how to use that tip. You can she that she's got quite a bit of frosting on the sides before using this tip. Sorry I'm not more helpful. She starts using that tip at about 1:30 on the video.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZivF74n1RUA&feature=related
Try sticking the nose of the tip into the buttercream (crumb coat) as your'e piping and see if that helps it to adhere. This is one of those tips you need to practice with to get the pressure control just right. Good luck.
I love the springerle molds Karen is talking about. I bought mine from houseonthehill.net. They have a few recipes on their site, video on how to make springerle, and a beautiful online catalog. I made the cookies at Christmas and next I want to try the molds with rolled buttercream to use on cupcakes.