Posts by KuyaRomeo

Thank you GeminiCake and CatBoss, I will look into both of those!!
I have finally mastered the art of Cake Pops (meaning they stay on the sticks now lol). I have the cake ball process, and dipping down to a science and end up with nice smooth dipped cake pops.Now, I want to move on to colors, but I have read many articles about white chocolate seizing when adding colors and or flavors to it.I know that Wilton, and some other companies sell those "melts" but yuck . I have very sensitive taste palate, and I find them to be just awful and...
Glad I am not the only one with the issue I like your idea of the wax paper design . . however, I just don't have time to do that for all the volume. Cupcakes may work better for me, as I buy the larger boxes due to the high mountain of buttercream I use . .and the inserts . . so the sides and top should (theoretically) be protected . . but the bottom will still get greasy looking.Perhaps I should invest in a paper cutter and do bulk cuts of wax paper to at least coat...
I was in the same position, but here in NY, not FL.Was going to open a home bakery (under the NY Home Food Processor Exemption Permit). I called my home insurance (Liberty Mutual) and asked them. They did not offer commercial insurance, but highly recommended the Hartford Company, and gave me an agents phone.Was happily surprised to find out that a 2 Million dollar liability was $425/year.I ended up NOT doing the home bakery . . as in NY it had too many restrictions, so...
We are testing our products in the cake/cookie/cupcake boxes to get things perfected before opening day.Noticed that our cookies are leaving grease spots on the bottom and the side, if the cookie touches the box. I use all butter, which may be why this is happening . . not sure.I opted to insert a doily in the bottom, hoping to help things out (another cost), but not sure what to do about the sides. I don't want to put the cookies in any sort of wrap or paper . . as we...
Me again I have my formula to cost out my ingredients, utilities, rent, labor, plus profit so that I can price some of my products (we open October 25). And with the help from a lot of members here, I feel we are very much on track, finally.My new question is this:We made a deal to work inside a gourmet chocolate shoppe that is already established and has a good following, as well as 5 star write ups. They don't utilize their baking area, so it is a good way to share...
Thank you apti and kel58 for your compliments !!! I really appreciate it . . $3.00 per cupcake it is!! Fingers crossed . . . October 25th, here we come!!Again .. thank you for the compliments on my cupcake photos!
They are regular size . . . you can see a few in my photos area
Thank you for the good wishes!!$7 per cupcake is for NYC . .. we are 2 hours from there. . . but maybe you are right $3.00 may be a good place to start. The good thing for me is that the Homemade Chocolate shoppe already has built their image on high end, high quality products that demand a premium cost. Piggybacking with them, should help me eliminate most of the "o my god . . those prices are way too high"Why complain about prices if you are shopping at...
I thought of that . . we have 'The Christmas Tree Store' and they too have cheap priced tins . . however,1) I need to ensure they are FDA approved to contain food&2) After thinking about it for quite some time . .I decided that I do not want to go to Dollar store of Xmas Tree store . . for my tins. The reason is that I am running a very upscale speciality bakery. My items are carefully packaged with great detail. I will feel embarrassed if my customers know where I...