Posts by soozicake

Hi.  I use flesh colored dust, great for definition of the crease areas and the hair. Dilute with vodka if you want a darker color.  Turns out great.  If you have the baby laying on it's tummy, does your's have a fault in the left foot (hollow spot)? I questioned the fault and the company said it wasn't a defect as this is how the master mold is!!  I have seen others with the same problem.    The babies are so darn cute.
Pearl dust in sugar makes pretty sugar (depending on color), not glitter.
Not dissing the cake but holy heck, I had to change my glasses to check I was seeing correct. Yep, I do believe there is some disco action happening there.    I sincerely HOPE the bride and groom were happy with it.    My niece had 2 separate friends volunteer to do a tier each for her wedding cake.  One was magnificent and the other.....beyond words.  I had flown in from interstate and kept looking at the cake wondering a) what had gone wrong with one tier, b)...
What brand/type of extruder do you have?    I tried a push/plunger style and just about popped a vein. Trying to get the fondant out of that thing would have made a great funny home video! I saw a sqeeze handle style on You Tube and thought that also might not be so easy on the hands.  I use the Makin's clay extruder (screw down handle) which is easy to use, very happy with it (designed for clay work...not rated food safe??). 
Check Amy Beck Cake Designs.  There is a reference to the flowers being hand cut on ilikeweddings.com but I agree with others that cutters were used. Cheers
I have used Orchard for years as 500g boxes have been sold in supermarkets for as long as I can remember.  Yeah, I found a local supplier selling larger quantites (and they now sell FondX - is this worth trying?).    I have not had a problem with Satin Ice but would now only use if I want a pre-mix colour. Orchard is a few dollars cheaper plus I'm not a fan of the SI smell.   Pettinice is soft which I found great for shaped cakes.  I recently used a pack which...
Your cake looks terrific especially with the beach in the background.
On their part, it is called ignorance (I think I use to be in that category).    Shame we can't educate people with a 'come and decorate a cake day' (but often cakes take many hours or days to complete). They would soon realise the time, effort and skill required to produce a decent cake, oop's almost forgot the cost of ingredients, is worth every dime plus more......but then again.......   The order book is a great idea.  It would let them know up front how much...
Admit I am no expert and haven't had time to properly experiment with my airbrush and compressor.  I bought a compressor similar size to yours rather than a small hobby/decorator model as I wanted to use with a staple gun etc. I am not sure I can get a low enough psi for detailed close up work.  I have since wondered if I need to invest in a little hobby compressor.  We are having warm weather here now and can go outside and experiment and not worry about the spray...
Absolutely love Camijok's idea of the business card or coupon under the cake.  Like your thinking....I would not have thought of that.