Posts by CarolinaGirlAsh

I like [url]CakeSupplies4U.com[/url] . They always ship pretty fast and their price is usually lower than other places I look for the #20 buckets.
Shipping depends on where you are located. Cakesupplies4u is in Greenville, SC and ships via UPS. Their shipping is always really fast and very reasonable!
I tried it last night and was able to use a variable temp glue gun. It did work, but I have heard the rumors about the gun exploding too. Mine seemed to be heating fine, but it was new and I had neve used glue in it. The only negative was that it wluld not feed the cakeplay isomalt sticks automatically, you had to push it down. I made sure to wear heavy gloves and keep my face away from the gun, as I have been burned by sugar before, and that is definitely no fun! As for...
Ive never had any problems cutting the columns...of course, I have only cut them once and I used my husbands chop saw (clean of course), and then cleaned the columns after....
You need the 4 in columns if your tier is 4 inches tall. Otherwise you can buy longer columns and cut them as necessary.
I will see what i can do...
I have a very cheap variable heat gun and some cake play isomalt sticks. How are you thinking of making the diamonds. If you can give me some direction, I will try it.
I am definitely canceling my order and demanding a refund after the latest email I got after I suggested compensting/thanking us for our time and inconvenience through giving us some of the isomalt sticks when they do ship the gun. The answer from Beth to that request was a flat out no (despite the fact that Amy said they would do something via FB, when I askedabout his earlier),and it was a little terse with a deinitely snarky tone. I cannot believe the customer service...
Just thought others might like the latest update. I emailed the Get Sassie company AGAIN....and this was the reply...."At this point we still have not received the Sugar Melting Guns into inventory. We are expecting them within the next few weeks and they will be shipped out immediately."Anyone else have any more news regarding this?
Using Rum didnt work for me. It has a high sugar content and left everything I painted with it very sticky....but this was me painting on fondant.