Posts by andertoncakes

Thank you for the advice. I'm doing the cap too. I'm not worried about that, ☺ it's easy. The cake is to feed 125. I just didn't know how to get the size right. Once I get that I think I can figure out the other stuff. Being the first time making something that isn't a tiered cake kinda scares me.
I was asked to make this type of cake. This is the first time making something this big and carved. I was wondering how to decide the size. Any advice on anything help would me. Thank you.
Hey there, I meant to post after I finished the cake. The Royal icing worked like a charm. I couldn't have been happier. Thanks you to everyine that had other ideas. I will try them next time to see what works other than RI. I will try and get a picture up as soon as I figure it out.
Did you free hand them? I'm not great at free handing things like this. If I could see through the sheets it would help.
I have been asked to make a cake with 4 of the Advengers' heads on each corner. I was wondering if I outline the heads onto a piece of wax paper in royal icing and let it dry, will it come off easy (stay together) to place on cake? I don't know of any other medium to use to do this. Any advice would be helpful. Thank you in advance.
I have been asked to make a cake with 4 of the Advengers' heads on each corner. I was wondering if I outline the heads onto a piece of wax paper in royal icing and let it dry, will it come off easy (stay together) to place on cake? I don't know of any other medium to use to do this. Any advice would be helpful. Thank you in advance.
Your cake beautiful! I had one do that to me (it's the one on my profile) and it drove me crazy. It never moved after it formed. I'm sure your mothe to be will love it.
Just saw the other posts and I have to say thank you so much for the comments and encouragement from all of you. This cake is for my daughter's 12th birthday party. She has been so obsessed with Hello Kitty this year.
I used dowels to hold it up. I ended up having to take Kitty off and reposition her further back. I doweled the hands too.
    here is my final product. I had a hard time with supporting the head. I thought I had it supported enough but it pulled on the cake. Hoping that it's supported enough now and I dont wake up to a mess. Thank you guys for the help.