Posts by rosech

Good day   May i know what I can use to stick dangling bling to boards like this image. Something that sticks and dries quickly and creates a strong bond.
So it means that what prevents spores is the alcohol. Thank u.
Here in my country people still like keeping their cake. So if I use two layers of fondant it means that spores may form and the cake will not last?
So I was talking about this with a friend and she says marzipan helps keep moisture in the cake. Is it different from two layers or one thick layer of fondant?
Thank u so much. Brides order their cakes 3 months in advance and I bake their cakes when they confirm. From time to time they ask on progress. When I mention the marzipan stage, most of them do not understand what I will be talking about. I have to explain what it is. M thinking maybe I should just go the fondant only path since most don't understand what it is anyway.
Good day I always marzipan my fruit cakes and let dry for about a week before applying fondant. A friend told me recently that most local cakers were not applying marzipan anymore but 2 layers of fondant. She however highlighted that marzipan was necessary becoz of its flavor. I understand that the purpose of marzipan is for preventing fruit cake juices getting to the fondant and discoloring it. So today I applied two layers of fondant to an anniversary fruit cake. The...
Thank u all for the replies. I like the cotton candy idea. If bride confirms, I will do an experiment. I was thinking of using rice paper cut very thinly then stick it as I go with the decorations. Can that be done with cotton candy? Cutting rice paper seems more time consuming than pulling cotton candy. It is a lot of work I agree.I added $100 PITA fee when I quote the cake so we will be even. Also it will be fruit cake so decorating can be done even weeks before the...
Good day friends. I have a bride enquiring on this wedding cake. I would like to know if any of you know how to do and attach the feathery stuff that is at the bottom tier. http://www.pinterest.com/pin/161214861635528159/ http://www.pinterest.com/pin/49328558392589337/   TIA!
I have a wedding cake order for 7 September. It will be the beginning of summer here. Garden wedding setup. The ceremony is usually done in the open. Ceremony length may be longer than scheduled depending on participants, if it starts on time. So far I have done all fruit cake for garden weddings. The cakes are not affected much by the heat, if at all. For this wedding I will be doing fruit and other flavors. All will be covered in fondant. I intend to fill with...
There is my version of the cake. All fruit cake. I used thick bamboo skewers as dowels. On the slanted pillows, I put long vertical ones that went right thru to the bottom tier. The cake survived the wedding. The couple has kept most of it since July 13. They have told me the two bottom have started cracking. I have advised them to dismantle the cake and keep each tier separate. Not sure about the ride home from the venue since I was not there. The two top tiers were...