Posts by dawnybird

Thanks so much to those of you who answered! I don't want anyone to think I didn't do a search myself. I did google "pointing dog silhouette" and similar searches. Those shutterstock ones are perfect but they are a subscription company and the cheapest plan they had was $29 for two images, used within a year. That's too expensive! I'm doing this cake for free for a friend. I do really appreciate you guys trying to help me though.
Thank you! I'll try that.
Hi all. I've been absent for a while, but I have been asked to make a birthday cake for an 80 yr. old man at my church who raises and trains dogs for quail hunting. Does anyone know where I can get a silhouette of a pointing dog, and possibly a hunter as well, but at least the dog? I've been searching the internet and not finding anything. Shutterstock has a perfect one but requires a $29 fee!! I'm not even charging for this cake!! I don't mind paying for clipart (few...
I think she left out a period after "something like this". Then, new sentence: "utube vid would be nice ..."
I got a PM from helen4u basically hitting on me! Disgusting. I was wondering what was going on. Glad to know but sorry it's happening.
Oh! Thanks annaleescakes! Somehow I missed seeing the link. I appreciate it!
Thanks. Mixing the lustre dust and painting it sounds good for gum paste pieces. What about coloring butter cream? Is that possible?
Hello.  Anybody have an answer to my question? I appreciate the help!
I've been looking at pics in the gallery and I see gold scrolls and other icing elements in gold. How can I color icing that way? Airbrush color?
My WalMart carries them. Or you can certainly find them at Hobby Lobby or Michael's in the cake decorating section.